Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deleting

Re: Deleting

Thank you everybody for your replies. It's funny how everybody chimes in on this subject. Look...I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm saying this website isn't for me. And yes, Nicola, "This website is useless"....TO ME! It was very helpful for a long time, but maybe I've outgrown it by now. I understand that not everybody can reply - I'm not looking for "everybody" to reply, just someone. Someone to let me know that I'm not going crazy, that I'm not going to pass out, that I'm not going to die. You know, the same things that everybody else posts about!

On several occasions, I would come on here only to find that one particular member was posting the same thing, over and over again. Same problems every day, several times a day. This person had pages worth of responses and reassurances, but I guess my post was not as important? You mean to tell me that having pains in my chest is something uncommon that nobody else has experienced?

I've enjoyed being on here and have found that the advice that I did get in the past was very comforting and reassuring. But since that has stopped, I have no reason to be on here reading about other people's symptoms because then mine become worse, especially with nobody to talk to. I'm sure if any of you were in my position, you would see where I'm coming from. In the meantime, I'd still like to find a way to delete my profile, just so I'm not tempted to try again and be left alone. My famiy does that to me enough.

I personally never even saw your post at the time but cannot answer for anyone else I am afraid.

I just felt that one missed post did not warrant that comment to be honest.

You cannot delete your profile - we have to do it for you. What we actually do is add you to "removed users" so you can't logon again that is all. No posts are removed.

We can do that tomorrow for you if you want

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi nervous

I really wasn't going to reply again but the fact that you said you wanted all signs of you gone as you may be 'tempted' to login speaks volumes.

I'm sure no one ignored your post/s on purpose.

Take care and i hope things improve for you soon

Best wishes

Lisa

Nicola - Yes, please remove me.
    And for the record, it has been on several occasions that my posts have not been answered. This is not the first time. I would not be removing myself if it was only on one occasion. Please take a look, if you have the ability, about how many posts I have deleted. There were several of them. I deleted them because there was no response. I've literally been talking to myself on here for the last couple of months.
    Thank you in advance for deleting my profile.

Hi, I have had a look at some of your posts and it seems you did get answers to your questions like other people on here did?

Hi. You left NMP before and came back because you thought being away made you feel worse. I respect your decision to leave if you want to, but wouldn't it be better to take a break so you can come back if you ever need to? I wish you well whatever you decide.

Ach well sorted now anyhoo as member removed as requested.

It's a shame Nervous couldn't have just taken a break and come back later if this was all stressing her out, or perhaps she could have tried posting again with an 'urgent' or 'please help' in the title? I have only recently joined NMP and have been very impressed with the masses of information available and the many helpful people on the forums. I also find the site very user-friendly.

Things are now so much better communication wise than when I first had anxiety issues, where I had to wait for the post for an anxiety organisation newsletter once a month, containing very limited amounts of information in those long ago pre-internet days!

For the record, I personally find NMP an excellent, well run organisation. I have trawled the web to find suitable help for my anxiety situation and have found this site to be my favourite and certainly makes me feel that I am not alone.

Tyke

Hi, I think there is a lot of truth in the saying "patience is a virtue" If she had only showed a little more patience. After all, if she was really speaking about an emergency situation, its not here that she was needing it was a doctor! Perfect example of an impatient person who wanted instant results. Not possible unfortunately!

I want to say how much this forum has helped me .
    when my terror began I couldnt find anything or anyone to talk to ..a nationwide helpline when I felt as if I was interrupting someones tea
    If only I had had the support and education here then
    just a thought from the no smoking forum that helped me quit .
    if in real ... {I am going to smoke and sod it mode .} ............we would post an SOS post ......and learned older members would post back fairly soon .

actually as I type I can see there are too many of us probably who would post SOS ..........just thinking though cos this is my lifeline now

one thing I do believe is this though ..................by replying to others with the solid advice we have been given [and maybe not taken to heart ] ........reinforces in us the truth that advice has given ....... helps others ...........and gives the poster an answer and knowledge they are not being ignored .
    a good cycle of help given and passed on ........and a friend online

hope I havent rambled and you get what I am trying to say

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information