Thread: Throat Worries

Throat Worries

Afternoon all,

Got a cold on Friday 11th March which has only really just shifted. Then had a problem with my wisom teeth last Tuesday (15th) which ALWAYS gives me a sore throat. This then subsided a bit but have been thinking I may have throat cancer and it seems to be getting worse! I know, I'm a NIGHTMARE!

I'm 30 years old, have smoked 2/3 cigarettes IN MY LIFE, the odd Cigar and drink once a week if I'm lucky. No family history of cancer and have been with my bride to be for 6 years.

Am I worrying about nothing!?!

Throat is a bit red but no spots/puss and have a couple of mouth ulcers. Again this has ALWAYS happened when I've had wisdom teeth problems.

Cheers guys (and gals),

Craig.

Re: Throat Worries

Well I went to the Docs this morning with the following symptoms (some possibly to do with my HA):-

Lump in Throat
    Mucus/Blood Feeling at times
    Sore Throat
    Hoarse/Croaky Throat/Voice
    Swollen Red'ish Uvula
    Sore Tongue

I think that is/was it!?!

Anyway, he said I have mild tonsillitious (sp?) and that my body has obviously fought it so far so why get the help of antibiotics. Suppose this makes sense as I remember reading AGES ago that if your body can fight a virus then it remembers it next time and can fight it once more without the help of meds. This sound about right?

I was SOOO worried about Oral/Throat Cancer but I do not smoke, don't drink a lot, go to the Dentist every 6 months and generally don't eat that bad. I also exercise at least 4 times a week.

I assume (like me now) that I was just being a doughnut!?!

My Doctor did say if it didn't clear up within a week to go back but am hoping it'll all be good now!

Thanks for all your views and posts on similar subjects. helped me to try put things in perspective.

Craig

PS - Looks like my other half now has a sore throat, oops! Suppose that just proves it ain't the Big C

Hi

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better about all of this

Take care

Laur.xx

Thanks Mogwog.

It is VERY strange. When I eat/drink it seems to be fine, when I don't it hurts.

The media, in my opinion, have a HUGE part to play in all kinds of anxiety, amongst other things!

The Bryan Robson Throat Cancer story for instance. Yes it is great that he has ths support, family, best medicines etc but, in my opinion once more, for being a fit, healthy man how can he then get ill!?! My or should I say our minds then go into overdrive thinking if an athlete can get ill then we will also.

Suppose on the other hand it is good for awareness and arguably the fittest person in the world, Lance Armstrong, got ill so it could be seen as helping us be on our guard.

I hate this illness and think anxiety/stress is the WORST thing apart from actually being really ill. I've only been living with it for around 19/20 months, god only knows how people feel with 19/20 years experience. I feel for all you people and hope I never get to that stage.

Cheers,

Craig.

I know what you mean about these issues in the media. I have now stopped reading articles in mags about cancer etc and have been turning the radio down in the car when the Bryan Robson story comes on as I just know I will start to get in panic about it.

Hope your ok today.

Laura.x

Thread Information