Thread: Throat Swallowing / Pressure or Fullness in throat base of neck

Throat Swallowing / Pressure or Fullness in throat base of neck

Hi my name is Hypocondo short for hypochondriac. I have struggled with anxiety on many levels but have been free of anxiety and worry about physical symptoms for many years now. I have even flown to Hawaii which was a major step for me on so many levels.

Recently I found myself swallowing quite a bit, each time I swallow I also capture a small amount of air which gets trapped and 9 out of 10 times I burp that small amount of air right back up.

After a few days I went for a run, I wore a shirt that was a little tight around my neck. I removed the shirt to still find I was feeling as if I was still wearing the tight shirt and it was still applying pressure to the base of my neck and making it somewhat difficult to breathe. Of course I immediately went to the webmd symptom checker and wow that wasnt a good idea. Aortic aneurysm? goiter? cancer? Sigh...

Long story short by this time I would have run to the doctor or emergency room but Im trying to be calm and not freak out. I would appreciate anyone providing some basic advice.

Thank you so much in advance.

Love

Hypocondo

Re: Throat Swallowing / Pressure or Fullness in throat base of neck

Hi mate

I,m no doctor , but it sounds like globus hystericus (spelling) which i can,t get rid of . I also swallow air a lot of the time , i think its because i,m aware of swallowing now so do it when i shouldn,t and notice everything more .
    Its worth a visit to the docs to put your mind at rest , i,ve read alot of peoples globus dissapears after they have had reassurance thats its nothing else
    Check out this link it might help....

http://www.panic-anxiety.com/article...us-hystericus/

Thread Information