Thread: Hiya

Talking Hiya

Hi everyoneiv been coming on here for a while and you all seem so lovely so i plucked up the courage to join. Ill not bore you with loads of details straight away but i have been taking 60mg fluoxetine and 5mg diazepam for 4 days now due to panic attacks and depression,and I also have trouble with trusting people as iv been let down badly a lot. I was on fluoxetine 20mg for a while last year and thought i was better but due to a recent setback i have crashed badly and gone back on them + upped my dose. Feeling very spaced out today. I will go and see my doctor again next week tho to tell him im back on them.

Hi *Monica*

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hiya

Hi Monica,

Welcome to the group .... I hope you find it helpful. Everyone her seems to be lovely I'm sure you will be glad you joined.
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it at the moment. I can sympathise with having problems trusting people. I was let down badly by someone i trusted with my life at the beginning of Jan. It flipped my world upside down. I have been struggling to cope ever since and am now off work due to my anxiety/panic.
    Do you have any friends or family who could help you through this time?
    I hope your Dr is good and helps you out. I'm going to see mine on monday so fingers crossed for us both!
    Let us know how you get on,
    Take care
    Julie xx

Hi Monica, welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. All the best with the doctors.x

Diane, Joolz, Paula, thank you for your kind words. Im still feeling in a bad place today but ill come back on soon and tell you a little more about myself when my head is more settled. Lots of to you all xxxxx

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

No problem Monica ..... you take care xx

Well I finally saw my doctor today and feel it was a complete waste of time He wants me to stay on Fluoxetine but on 40 mg a day (I had upped it myself to 60) as he feels that is too high a dose for my build but will review things in a month. I think iv been feeling better on 60 but ill try lowering it. If I get worse ill just up it again and go back and see him.I hate hate hate feeling like this...I feel that if I talk to him, I mean really talk...he will think im going crazy, god knows I feel that I am sometimes.So i tell him the not so crazy bits+keep on takin the tablets lol

I'm sure he won't think you're crazy. We all 'feel' like we're going crazy sometimes I think it has alot to do with the panic. I'm sure your Dr know what he's doing .... you could always give your meds a month like he says and if you really don't feel good let him know and see what he says? If you are still not happy you could always see a different Dr. Has he offered you any kind of therapy?
    I hope you start to feel better soon
    julie x

Hi Joolz + thanks
    My doctor did suggest talking to somebody the last time I saw him but I really dont think that it would help me,I guess its not for everyone. I shall start taking the dose he suggested and see how i feel over the next few days.I was feeling quite a bit calmer and more rational and am worried that if i drop down to 40mg ill take a step backwards again but i guess i can always go back up to 60 if i feel that happening and go back to see him.

Thread Information