Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anxiety through the roof .... ESA not helping!

Re: anxiety through the roof .... ESA not helping!

Hi,
    You can appeal, everyone fails them even my husband who had a heart attack failed, they failed him straightaway. He is back at work now.
    All you need to do is appeal the decision, it takes 6 months normally to be decided so you will have extra time to get better within yourself and fighting fit,
    So failing the medical isnt a problem just appeal the decision, they give you forms to fill out again (typical government) and send off. Good luck!!
    angie x

Quote Originally Posted by joolz07 View Post
    Thank You Mandie,

I'm really panicking about it and I'm anxious enough as it is withought any more pressure. My Dr says thats my tinnitus/hyperacusis has worn me down so much over the years that my anxiety and depression spike constantly when I am under any stress.
    Did you still get money while you were appealing? I have heard of some people not getting anything or being told to claim JSA. I cannot do that as my Dr agrees I am unfit for work.

Julie xx
    i still got my money, you stay on basic rate while waiting for appeal. if u win your appeal your money goes up and you get the extra money back dated for all the months you were waiting for the appeal date. I had over £1000 refunded to me.

x

thanks for your relply mandie .... it's the stress of the actual medical I don't need. I'm bad enough as it is. My Dr thinks I am a long way off being ready for work. yet he seems to think as I am hading in sick notes that that is enough! I wish that was the case. I asked him for a letter of support but he said know as he thinks that sick notes are enough. he has prescirbed Diazepam but I don't think it's helping any. I'm still shaking and very emotional and having panic attacks at any given moment .
    Thanks again for replying
    julie x

Hi, I failed 6 months ago, was hardly any questions about mental health,
    I had to go in a taxi with my mum, and take lots of diazepam,

Ii reaplied the other week and got 2 letters today, both dated last week, 1 said they need my sick note by 28th, but it the 29th today, other said im not entitled, got to ring them to get it checked, I cant get sick note till thurs,. Ive got more depressed xos have no money, have phone bill to pay, im living at home free and my mum strugglin to pay,

Esa dont care about mental health, I get bad Anxiety, and cant go places, i've not been on public transport in 18 months, I wish I wasnt like this and could just go back to work,. Ii cant even see my own family or friends, people think agoraphobia (which also got) just means you cant leave house, I can only go out with my mum,like to the shops, but cant go certain places, and can only walk round block on own,

Lets hope when I ring they will do something, if I appeal id have to go court, but how? Will make symptoms worse

Also I think medicals are waste of time, all they do is test you physically and then ask about what you do at home,

Are you taking any anxiety meds? , you only in there for like 20 mins, well mine was less than 10 mins,
    I calmed down when I arrived, my mum even came in room, if you get a taxi you get your money back.

I take duloxetine and am currently on diazepam as my anxiety and panic are so bad/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information