Thread: Back with a vengeance!

Back with a vengeance!

Hi Guys

I havn't posted for a little while but felt I had to now. I've started with the dreaded palps, missed beats/thumps/flutters etc. I havn't had them really bad for quite a while but they started over the weekend and I can feel myself slipping back into the cycle where you feel them - worry - feel them more and then live in fear of them. I"ve had all the tests etc so know deep down they're harmless but i just HATE them . That little worry always starts to niggle that maybe this time, it is something serious. I havn't been eating properly lately and i think this may make them worse. I'm also peri-menopausal so I think i read somewhere that can make them worse . I know the trick is to stop worrying about them but this is so hard and i get at my wits end again. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Luv
    Tracy

Re: Back with a vengeance!

I suffer terribly from palps/missed beats/fast beats/flutters etc and I know how scary they can be. I also know that they are harmless and are nothing to worry about in most cases. You've had tests and you KNOW yours are harmless so you need to try to think of them as a normal part of how your body works rather than a defect. The more you worry about them the worse they will be because stress makes them worse! The menopause (as well as menstruation) can make them worse so don't worry. I don't think there is anything in particular that you can do to prevent them but they won't harm you.

Hi Shoegal

Thanks so much for your reply. Its so great knowing i'm not alone in this (not wishing it on other people by any means).

Take care
    luv
    Tracy

Hi Tracy.
    I've been down that road recently too. It's hard when u spend so long working on convincing yourself that you're ok and having the reassurance in here to remind u of that then to have a break from being anxious forgetting about the ruddy things to then forget all you have learnt and start back at square one! It's like when you're alone going about your day you have this nagging thought of what if???! It's amazing how much better we can feel through comfort knowing others suffer too and have all been told they're harmless. Well just letting you know your not alone Tracy. I hope you get back to full focus soon

Kel

Hi Kel

Thanks so much for your reply, you hit the nail right on the head. Its so good to have people that understand what you mean. Thanks once again and I'm determined to be positive and i'll get over this again .

Thanks

luv Tracy

No problem Tracy. Keep your chin up, you'll get there, this is just a setback, these happen to everyone. Recovery will be quicker this time because you already have some experience up your sleeve.

Kel x

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
    Hi Tracy.
    I've been down that road recently too. It's hard when u spend so long working on convincing yourself that you're ok and having the reassurance in here to remind u of that then to have a break from being anxious forgetting about the ruddy things to then forget all you have learnt and start back at square one! It's like when you're alone going about your day you have this nagging thought of what if???! It's amazing how much better we can feel through comfort knowing others suffer too and have all been told they're harmless. Well just letting you know your not alone Tracy. I hope you get back to full focus soon

Kel
    I agree. In fact I think the disappointment is as bad, if not worse than the palps

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Hey Typer.
    It is pretty bad, I agree. They are the type of symptom that can manage to take your full attention all of the time which only creates more! Vicious circle is what it is. I can feel mine mostly flutter in my throat lately and when it keeps on and keeps on happening I just find it really hard to let go. I swear they present in different ways all the time just to squash your confidence when you get used to them! Arrrggghhh!!
    It's nice to have support, thanks to you all for sharing your experiences.

Kel x

Hi everyone I have been having really bad ectopics and palpitations,currently under investigation, although so far everything seems to be fine. Very very uncomfortable.
    But there is one thing I would like to share with you, I am sure that hyperventilating
    makes everything much worse. It is a vicious circle you get missed beats, panic begins to set in you shallow breathe and it makes matters much worse, so I have been consiously trying to breathe better, and I'm sure it has helped also I am drinking a lot more I am not normally much of a drinker but am told dehydration makes matters worse. Hope this helps somebody.

Thread Information