Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PanicAway

PanicAway

Hi. I've been having a few problems lately whilst staying with relatives in Cardiff, which whilst being a fine city in many ways seems to me to be an agoraphobic's nightmare - so many wide open spaces and tall buildings.

Anyway, I made a lot of progress today and in the company of my godmother was able to walk to and fro from Whitchurch village centre, which I couldn't do before (or at least not recently). I'm looking to maintain the progress I've made and have been looking online for therapies and other things which might help me improve further.

Just a few questions; has anyone tried Panic Away, is it any good, and do you have to pay for it?

http://www.panicaway.com/

Thanks in advance,

Graham .

Re: PanicAway

It is highly commercialized re-packaged CBT.

This course is much better: CBT4PANIC

I do not promote Panic Away at all. In fact we don't usually allow posts about it.

I am promoting CBT4PANIC as above

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I do not promote Panic Away at all. In fact we don't usually allow posts about it.
    No posts at all, not even unbiased accounts of its effectiveness from people who have tried it? This looks like censorship to me, and I believe in Free Speech (within legal limits).

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I am promoting CBT4PANIC as above
    CBT4PANIC may be a better package, but does it allow a money back guarantee as PanicAway apparently does? The amount you pay for the two seems pretty similar.

IMO unless you're talking about something particularly bad, such as a cult like Scientology, people should be allowed to make up their own minds.

Graham, have a read of this

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92799

and maybe consider dropping the issue. I think the owner of any forum is perfectly entitled to decided what they want on it and what they don't. It's hardly censorship - a very emotive term which some people seem to like to bandy about for no great reason these days.

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Graham - I don't allow it as all we get on here are posts from affiliates trying to make money from it.

In fact Panic Away are so against this they actively ask me to report posts about it to them as it is against their affiliate rules.

It is a miracle cure product not a CBT one based on work from the individual themselves.

CBT4PANIC has a money back guarantee as well.

People can read and post about "panic away" on many other sites just not on here I am afraid.

JaneC - thanks for the concern. I just saw this post so thought I would reply whilst I was online.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I totally agree with Graham! He does have a right to ask! and No, he should not have to 'drop' the subject/issue. He was only asking.
    Ever heard of Freedom of Speech?
    It seems that there are certain rules on here, which I can understand to a point, however, you cannot promote a certain programme, and then not allow another to be posted about!
    People should be allowed to make their own minds up for themselves, and be allowed to enquire, without getting told to 'drop the issue'! I understand Nic's nan is very poorly, but a person should not be told to drop the issue of his post, because of that, or any other reason. In that case, does everyone on this site, have to stop posting???
    I find this site is getting worse, with what can or cannot be talked about, and I also find that it is getting increasingly cliquey' lately, which I find really offputting...
    I can understand why lately a lot of people have left or are taking breaks.
    Just my opinion....and based on that I would like my account deleting.
    Thank You to all those who have helped me during the 2 years I have been on here. I truly appreciate it.

Poppy - you are entitled to your opinion - I respect that totally.

With respect my nan has been very ill for over a week now and I have been visiting her for 3 weeks prior to that and have I once posted on here mentioning it? No - cos it does not effect what I do on here.

Jane was just being kind saying that at the moment maybe I didn't need the hassle.

If you read the welcome message which is also sent in a PM to all members then you will know I do not allow posts about Panic Away or Linden. If you do not agree with that then don't register or post on here.

I am not arguing about it anymore.

poppyc account deleted as requested.

I am actually quite upset that my very ill nan was even mentioned in this post Poppy - it was uncalled for and quite cruel.

What goes on in my personal life has never effected my dedication to NMP or my replies so it was uncalled for to drag this issue into things implying that people cannot now post cos my nan is ill!

I always see the best in people but now I am sad that someone could be so unkind.

Anyway as they say "I have bigger things to deal with at the moment"

There are more than enough panic / anxiety forums out there that do allow such sites to be advertiised and talked about and people are free to find them and post for opinions on them. It was my decision to not allow it here and I will not back down on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information