Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PanicAway

Re: PanicAway

Just wanted to say I'm actually very glad you monitor things as you do Nicola, have only been on the site 3 days but it'd horrible for me to think that my involvement on these forums was allowing companies to try and persuade me out of my hard earned cash to follow their schemes, I think everyone here would agree we have enough on our plates without being scammed by "miracle cures".

Am also gonna use this post as a chance to congratulate you on creating such a fantastic, vibrant and helpful community and refuge, in the short space I've been here it's evident already that you've helped change lives, and you should be proud of what you've achieved.
    I wish your nan a swift recovery

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
    Norman Vincent Peale.

I can't believe my eyes here. I can't believe someone would use a dirty lowdown cheap shot like that to put their point accross to Nic and then turn round and tell US that the site is getting worse.

I'm too angry to say any more

Hope you are ok Nic and take no notice of people like that.

Lisa
    xxx

i think when people suffer anxiety they can get very deperate for a CURE !!! Its good that nic weedles out the unwanted spam and people just wanting to push products for there so called miracle cures that cost a fortune and never work.The site is here for help and support and all nic asks is for us all to be friendly and offer advice and tips on how best to understand and manage anxiety.I cannot believe that poppy has mentioned anything about nics personal life,it is both wrong and unwarranted as nic has always been there for all of us no matter what goes on in her life she always makes time to help.xxxxx

Horrified!
    Talk about kicking someone when they are down. I hope you are ok Nicola. We all respect you, and know that you are professional enough never to let personal issues cloud your judgement on any issue to do with this forum.

Poppy - that was a downright nasty thing you did.

I understand Nic's nan is very poorly, but a person should not be told to drop the issue of his post, because of that, or any other reason. In that case, does everyone on this site, have to stop posting???

I'm sorry if I am being very controversial here, but I don't think Poppy was in any way trying to disregard how awful it is to have an ill relative, but rather she mis--interpreted Jane C's intentions for people to give Nic a break, as people not being allowed to have opinions.

I really don't think she was trying to be nasty, I think she just got confused. I for one am not afraid to say what I think on this site, it is not cliquey, yes there are old members and new but we are a community... I can't say what this site was like in previous years, but I don't think it has "got worse"... for me this site has been a saviour! I think perhaps there are a few too many "me me me" people on here and when they don't get their own way they kick up a fuss and want to leave.

Just wanted to say i am thinking of you and your family Nic and Poppy if you are reading this, I don't agree with the others reactions on this one - sorry all!

x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I think Linden and Panic Away have created a lot of extra work and hassle for Nic and the admin team, hence the decision to not have threads promoting them. There is obviously a lot of work required in running and maintaining a free site like this and I personally don't see the problem here - especially since Nic stipulates all this in her forum rules which is PMed to all newbies signing up.

If they genuinely were "miracle cures" I'm sure Nic would be the first person to promote them - but, alas, the reality is somewhat different.

It should also be mentioned that admin never removed this thread and instead chose to justify their actions - which has unfortunately led to upset.

Never Surrender, Comrade

There should be cures for everything....You're fat??...Here's a pill....Anxiety??...Here's a pill!!...Have a cold??...Here's a pill!
    Unfortunately all the research that COULD have gone into those things has been used to create little blue pills for men to be able to....Well you know what they are for!!!
    hehe

But seriously...
    Let's all remember that sometimes in the heat of the moment, things are said that are either misinterpreted or said in haste, whatever the case may be, and that we are sort of a family here...Dysfunctional as we may be sometimes, we can count on each other when the chips are down!
    Much love to all!!
    xxx
    Sandy
    Last edited by eeyorelover; 31-03-11 at 18:58.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

The comments about my nan have been playing on my mind all last night and today and it has really hurt me I have to say.

I am feeling crap at the moment with all the stress so didn't need that - that is all I am saying

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have to say, I'm disgusted at some of the comments on this thread. We are supposed to be a supportive community and to disregard some ones grief and suffering to make a point or prove you're right is abhorrent in my opinion.

This is a FREE site, kindly run and maintained by very few people, who are after all, sufferers themselves and give their time, whilst often struggling with their own issues to help others.

I'm sure if a member posted a similar scenario that Nic is dealing with right now and it was disregarded, then most members would be up in arms in their defence.
    Last edited by SueBee; 31-03-11 at 23:04.

Well said Sue .Im too angry to post properly ,but am absolutely digusted at the lack of Empathy Poppy showed Nic .When her own mother died she was given plenty of support ...There was no need for her to post after Nic had replied it was just plain bloodymindedness and nastiness .Totally and completely unecessary . sue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information