Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My recovery from Substance Induced Anxiety Disorder

Re: My recovery from Substance Induced Anxiety Disorder

Really helpful post...helps me come face to face with some of my own issues...for the longest time i felt i was so alone and nobody could understand my problems and issues. Sometimes i used to even repent ever being born and being a freaking burden to my parents...but now with time i understand that its not so uncommon. Reading Qualia's post is really morale boosting and i hope i can recover just as well

Thanks for this post, it has also really helped me. I though I had fried my brain too, but it was just panic!!!
    Just wanted to add, that you need to stay positive, and know you will get over this, the brain is a very very powerful tool! I find CBT is also helping me. And also lay off the drugs lol.
    Don't worry people you will get through this and you will come out the other side a much stronger and better person.

Take care people!!!

Increased afterimages, trails, visual snow = anxiety too? Quite comforting to me . Too many times I worry my vision is ****ed forever.

Very awesome recovery story. I'm happy for you.

This thread would deserve a sticky... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Pan View Post
    One way to stop that sort of anxiety is to not take drugs. Simple.
    Depending on how some people's lives may have unfolded, it's not always that simple and for a lot of people it's a little late for that advice. I don't know, something about this comment makes me feel uncomfortable and I can't quite put my finger on why...

This post is great, I took a legal high in Portugal that triggered my anxiety really badly again. I thought/think it's screwed up my brain :(

I get visuals snow all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    Depending on how some people's lives may have unfolded, it's not always that simple and for a lot of people it's a little late for that advice. I don't know, something about this comment makes me feel uncomfortable and I can't quite put my finger on why...
    Yes... there should be no judgement.

Sometimes it is not as easy as saying no or not trying drugs. Sometimes after a drink it has seemed like a good idea to me (god knows why) and I always have regretted it. Some people are not as strong to say no or are put in situations where it becomes very difficult or tempting, especially if you have felt bad/or even if you are feeling good!

This is an amazing post! Fantasticly written and so happy for your recovery - congrats mate

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

I just want to say thank you SO much for doing this. I've been in an extremely dark place these last few days and this article really helped me out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information