Thread: New here!

New here!

Hi everyone,

I thought i would say hi and introduce myself. I have had severe anxiety for a long time now and different experiences in my life have made this worse. I spent a long time really feeling sorry for myself and drinking way to much to try n feel better which of course makes it worse in the long run

Feel really tired most of the time and uncomfortable within myself. I have however moved on a lot from where i once was, drinking, smoking, eating badly and not really living according to what i wanted to be honest - I am kind of getting to know me again slowly and trying to learn life skills again cause i had them once upon a time me thinks

Well I hope to share some stories with anyone that might be interested and also if i can help then of course i will. I also wondered about meet ups and if people get together at all.

Kev

Hi Wasake wauspe

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: New here!

Hi Kev and welcome

I am the same as you apart from the drink, luckily i don't like the smell of alcohol so it was never an issue or an option even, but as for the rest of your story i can completely understand where you are.
    I spend a lot of time alone, i have a wonderful partner but i have lost all my friends through anxiety and panic which has left me with no confidence whatsoever, altho my work mates would probebly tell you i'm v confident i'm not at all.

I'm pretty sure like you i once had the skills to be what i want/need to be but gaining them back will take us time.
    Hope you will share your journey with us and inspire us to follow

Kind regards
    Sharon

Hi Kev, welcome aboard! Good to have you with us! Use the search facility...lots of help, and yes, lots of meet ups around and about.x

I am also new here... welcome both

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the replying. I did not think anyone would reply to be honest. I was scared stiff about joining!

Sharon, it's the same for me - anyone that knows me will tel you I am a confident person especially when i use to go out but I know now though it was just a cover up thing. I use to put so much energy into it but i found that it became harder to do as time went by. As you say in time we'll get there.

Thanks again

Kev

Hi all,

Paula thanks, im glad i joined up ay last.

Welcome Donna, as u know I am new also. Hope u find some gelpful advice and tips.

Kev

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Thread Information