Thread: Really dry skin/excema on my face...

Really dry skin/excema on my face...

I get excema flare ups every now and again, it's not as bad as when I was younger and it's usually just more like very dry skin than anything now.

I got this patch on my face just under my right eye after I burnt the skin there frying an egg (dopey, I know !) but it goes red and dry now and again then calms down again and stays ok as long as I moisturise.

It's now flared up, I think maybe due to the stress I've been under but I can't get rid of it this time. I've used every moisturiser I have, hydrocortisone cream, that oil stuff that gets rid of scars, coconut moisturiser, not bought coconut oil yet though which I want to get.

I want rid NOW, everyone keeps asking 'oh god, what's wrong with your face' and it's driving me bonkers! I can cover it up with make-up but I'm not the sort who carrys make-up around, I just don't care that much for my personal appearence plus I doubt putting makeup on all the time won't help.
    I also don't think the air con in work is helping.

Has anyone got any ideas? Pleaseeee

Re: Really dry skin/excema on my face...

Hi Lizzie, a friend of mines little girl was plastered in ezcema, some was infected and bleeding, she was only 5 bless her. The hydrocortisone from the GP was too strong for her.....my friend started using something called "Dream Cream" from Lush, and the eczema was completely gone in a month! Obviously, it took that long as she was so bad, but maybe if you got some and used it regularly, it would prevent attacks? Its full of natural organic stuff, its a big pot, and last ages. If you want a quick fix this time, a blob of Sudocrem will get rid of the flare up under your eye.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look for it when I next go shopping.
    I'll try the sudocrem now though, never thought about it!

Yes its good, it says on the front of the little tub its used for eczema...hope it works! (With 2 days of use, the skin may become a little dry, so you may need to put on a bland moisturiser when it heals) x

I couldn't find it! I'll have to pop to the shops and get some!

Sudocrem's working

Lovely! x
    Also good for minor burns Lizzie...watch them fried eggs next time love!

I stand well clear when frying anything now!

Thread Information