Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: helicobacter pylori

helicobacter pylori

Hi there i have just tested positive for helicobacter pylori ,i have tried to take the course of antibiotics prescribed but cant keep them down .The reason i had the test was because i was having terrible stomach problems ,acid burping ,fullness ,trapped wind.SO I NOW HAVE THIS infection.What can i do if i cant take the antibiotics ,im terrified i have stomach cancer or mite get it cause of this .My doc said not to worry about cancer as helicobacter pylori is not the only reason fo this he said smoking ,consuming lots of alchol and other factors would need to be present and even then it a very samll chance.But i have made myself ill over this and wish i had never been tested and what am i going to do if i cant stomach the meds.please help anyone that has this or has had it.kind regads molly

Re: helicobacter pylori

Hi Molly, I did HP testing when I worked with district nurses. The meds can upset your tum big time, the rule of thumb here is to eat about half hour before. Im glad you were tested, its important its treated properly love. Its very common. I havent had it myself, but i know lots that found the antibiotics hard work...try eating first ok, and sip some milk or water. x
    Last edited by paula lynne; 29-03-11 at 19:15. Reason: sp

Hi thank you for your reply,my doc did say most people test positive and even though i have it may not be whats causing my stomach issues it could be just stress .Do you think this is true kind regards molly

Hi Molly, nearly 60% of the Uk population has HP, with most its not a problem, or goes undetected. If you try the food before your antibiotics, and you give it say, 3 weeks, if its not improved, then go back to your GP. Stress can cause all sorts of tum problems. You will be ok either way love x
    Last edited by paula lynne; 29-03-11 at 19:52. Reason: sp

Thank you for your reply again.Is it that many that have it thats a lot ,what im worried about is i cant get through the course but my doc says even if i dont it wont do me any ham as people have it and they dont know and it will not do them any harm.Im not sure though he knows im so scared i think he will say anything and i have these bad stomach symptoms kind regards molly

Try to finish the antibiotics Molly, it wont do you harm to finish early, but they are prescribed for a reason. Dont forget to eat first. x

I will try and finish them .thank you for taking the time too answer ,im just sick of being scared kind regards molly

Anyone else suffered this kind regards molly

Theres loads on here with stomach issues me included . I tested negative for HP . I had burping , trapped wind , stomach cramps , spasms and a constant bloated feeling , but the worst of all was a 24/7 burning in the centre of my stomach . Its getting / got much better now but it took 5 months , its still not perfect as my anxiety kicks it off (apparantly ) .

Loads of peeps have stomach issues , are you on any meds ?

Hi there thanks for your reply ,im glad to hea you tested neg for hp .I have been giving anti bs but they making me feel so sick im struggling with them kind regards molly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information