Thread: Help, do I need to increase my dose?

Question Help, do I need to increase my dose?

Hi all

I have been down for a long time now and finally saw the doc about is. She prescribed me with 10mg cit about 3 weeks ago.

Took the first one in the morning at work and got really bad side effects but after a couple of hours I just felt very content and chilled, it was great! Now 3 weeks later I still take them but don't get any side effects and I feel just the same. I know they take a while to work properly but now that I'm not feeling anything after they made me feel chilled and good makes me think that the dose is too low. The doc did mention about upping the dose at some point.

What do you guys think? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Re: Help, do I need to increase my dose?

I'm imagining if you've been prescribed Citalopram by the doctor he's seeing you on a fairly regular basis? If so, wait until he tells you to up the dose, it'd be better getting his approval as not doing so is, in a way, self medicating and could be dangerous.
    My doctor's seeing me again in 3 weeks time after starting me just this week on Citalopram 10mg, he'll up it to 20 I imagine next appointment.

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
    Norman Vincent Peale.

Ohh, and one other thing, Citalopram's not an instant 'cure', it takes about 6 weeks for the effects to kick in. Wait another 3 weeks and see how you feel.

Norman Vincent Peale.

Thanks for your reply Spongeballz. I don't see the doc to often. Its quite hard to get down to them with work unfortunately. I'm really hopeing they will up me to 20mg on repeat.

I know its not a cure but when it made me chilled I found it a lot easier to cope with the bad situation I'm in.

Its a shame work commitments are preventing you from regular checkups :/ Would they not understand if you took say a morning off to get this sorted? Or haven't you told them? And it'd be worth saying you think it's becoming less effective and would like to consider upping the dose.
    You're more than welcome btw for the reply Thats what the forum's here for :P

Norman Vincent Peale.

Quote Originally Posted by **Paul** View Post
    Thanks for your reply Spongeballz. I don't see the doc to often. Its quite hard to get down to them with work unfortunately. I'm really hopeing they will up me to 20mg on repeat.

I know its not a cure but when it made me chilled I found it a lot easier to cope with the bad situation I'm in.

you could always ring your doc and have a chat with him/her xx

Thread Information