Thread: Scared. Please read and reply ASAP !!

Exclamation Scared. Please read and reply ASAP !!

Right. I have missed my period this month. totally normal as my periods have never been regular, so it doesn't normally worry me that I miss a period. However, this time, i've been getting spotting.. like sometimes its just a little bit of spotting.. other times its a bit more blood,e nough for me to think im coming on my period, but i put a tampon in, take it out later and theres no blood.

So Iv heard that spotting can be an early sign of pregnancy. I have no other symptons. Except nausea, but thats only when i think about it because it terrifeis me. I have been worried about this for days but i havent been able to speak to anyone as people will seriously judge me (I am 16 and have only been with the boyf for 2 months). We have NEVER had unprotected sex, as we dont want a baby.. no way, not yet. But then I keep thinking what if the condom split or there was a tear in it. I dont think that I would notice if there was tbh. although Iv read that it is pretty obvious, but as hes my first sexual partner, i dont think i would know the difference. I lost my virginity about a month and a half ago, approximately because im not 100% sure.

Really worried and would like to know what others think of this. am I right to be worried or am i overreacting as usual. Should i take a test or is there no point. I have a doctors appointment for thursday about this but i think thats too long to wait. i work myself up but them when i go to talk to someone about it i manage to talk myself out of it and convince myself that it is stupid to think it..

Re: Scared. Please read and reply ASAP !!

Ok first, noone should judge you. You haven't been silly and have had protected sex and you are legally allowed to do so. You've been alot wiser than most girls you age!

I've had a condom split on me once, you don't notice until it's too late and you're done, although at the time I was in the same boat as you. I would probably notice now, but I have alot more experience under my belt (sorry for the pun!)

I take it it's tomorrow your docs appointment? Try and relax, I've been in the position myself, they will give you all the help you require should you be pregnant.
    They may also do what they did with me and see if you want to go on the pill or use some other form of contraception that's easier to manage. Personally for me the pill's the best, you can control your periods, plus it makes them lighter and more regular. It might even be worth asking about it, makes life so much easier

Let us know how it goes, I'm sure you'll be fine

So, my appointment was cancelled, so I took a test at home and it came back negative, iv made another appointment and am going to ask to be put on the pill because I think it will put my mind at ease and I wont have to worry about this again !

Very relieved, and thankyou for the advice Lizzie xx

How late are you?

Thread Information