Thread: Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Hi,
    I joined the other day and I've already posted on a couple of threads this week, but haven't introduced myself formally.

I've suffered anxiety since my mid-twenties, I'm fifty nine now... so a long time. It has waxed and waned over the years, but always returned. Mostly it is situational, triggered by certain events, people, and places.

I have had an on-going noise issue with a neighbour for some years now and that has driven me almost over the edge - but I've always managed to cling on somehow.

I have tried various SSRIs to try and cope with these issues, but have never managed to stick with them due to unbearable side effects. I have had a brief fling with Amitriptyline which was a bit unpleasant, but am contemplating trying it again. Lyrica was also recommended.

So I am on here for a bit of support and maybe trying to find out a little more about others experiences of medications I might try.

The site looks quite daunting - but I hope I'll get the hang of it eventually. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all

Hi Belleblue

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hi everyone!

Welcome to NMP

Re: Hi everyone!

hi Belleblue,Im fairly new myself,but have found this site very usefull. you seem to be the same as me re the anxiety.and yes it never goes away completly ,it is genectic in my case as well. im taking beta blockers for heart rate and im citplex.not sure whether that helps or not. regards Holly

Thread Information