Thread: Hi New to forum!

Red face Hi New to forum!

Hi Everyone, I found this Web site last night, as I was searching for answers as usual!What a good forum this is, it is so lovely to find other people with exactly the same problems as me, I have felt good today after reading so many posts last night. I started my Anxiety trouble just over 3 and a half years now. I also have a Underactive Thyroid and Fibromyalgia and I am Post Menopausal.
    3 Years ago I suddenly started getting very nervous , i got so i could not go anywhere on my own it was horrible i kept thinking i was going to knock people down when parking my car all sorts of strange feelings,i then got very depressed and went to see the doctor who prescibed Citalopram 40mg i soon felt so much better but felt i was a bit too spaced out so went on to 20mg i have recently been through grief and other things and started getting very anxious again so I am now on 30mg. The trouble is I have in those last 3 years gained almost 3 stone i eat really healthy i go to the gym although i cant do too much with myFibromyalgia and gardening , but I have never been so big in my life i was wondering if i changed to another antidepressant if it would not make me gain weight like this .It is so hard to know what causes what as all my ailments have simular symptoms. Sorry if I have rabbited on a bit. my best wishes to everyone Nana Barbara

Hi nanabarbar

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Hi New to forum!

Hi nanabarbar.. I'm 53 and my problems started 4yrs ago, anxiety, fear of going out etc. I also suffer with grief so we seem to have quite a bit in common. I've just started psychotherapy and don't take medication. I blame my weight gain on my age because I'm very fit and active but can't keep the weight down like I used to, T x

Don't worry about rabbiting on, that's what the forum's here for A big fat , I hope this forum helps to provide the answers you seek

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
    Norman Vincent Peale.

Hi Nana B, welcome aboard! Good to have you with us!

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Hi Nana welcome to NMP

hello,

welcome to this awesome forum, i am sunita sam my age is 20 and i love to communicate with ppl.....love cating and speaking with different people thanks for sharing it........

Natural Wallpapers

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for all your warm welcomes x

Thread Information