Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you know what triggers your IBS?

Do you know what triggers your IBS?

All of last night and today I have been suffering from terrible IBS - its making me feel so ill. Its my own fault as yesterday I had a day of eating crap - chips from the chippy at lunch and about 3 glasses of coke. I think thats what did me in I think it was the coke that tipped me over the edge.

Buscopan isn't working either

What triggers yours?

Laura.x

Re: Do you know what triggers your IBS?

Pizza has sometimes caused mine to flare up .Probabaly the wheat in it ..Also spicy food can too .but not always .Anxiety or stress is the main trigger for me so I try to manage the stress better to avoid it .The gas in the coke will set the wind off inside and maybe the caffeine aggravated it .Just try to relax and maybe go for a brisk walk ,it can help shift it .Being constantly aware of your symptoms will make you tense .Apply heat to your tum it will help ease the pain . Sometimes it can take a couple of days of taking the Buscopan befpre it becomes effective ,But it always helps me eventually ..Hope it clears up soon , luv Sue x

OMG coke is a BIG NO NO for me also mars ice-creams which i LOVE :(

i find that spicy food, pizza, any gassy drink like coke, beer etc will affect me. Also gas producing veg affect me too.

Hey Buscopan didnt work for me either - but Colofac MR worked much better after a good few weeks of being on it, i think they are pretty similar drugs but the colofac has more of a slow release or something - my doctor did explain it all but i forget now!

My IBS is 100% anxiety and stress driven! I have recently been concentrating on a irritation in my throat instead meaning that my obsession with that has made my ibs symptoms dissapear nearly all together depite the fact i have suffered for over a year!

mine can be anything from stress,,crisps,,potatoes,,rice crackers,,anything with orange or orange flavouring,,beetroot,,eggs, tea thats not decaff,,any dairy,,lets face it ,,it can be virtually anything ,,ive always got my best friends colpermin and rennie with me lol

DEFO ANXIETY also pizza used to kick mine off but now i fine with a tiny bit of cheese and tomatoe puree am not so bad

My main triggers are onions, spicy foods, cheese, egg, peppers, chocolate and bread. Also anxiety plays a HUGE part with mine. I've just started mebeverine which is very helpful.

Laura x

I still haven't worked out what my main triggers are. I've been suffering on and off for about 18 months and the last few weeks has been bad every day but I've been through a lot of stress with jobs/interviews etc.

So I'm beginning to think now that mine is to do more with anxiety than food although I do avoid raw onions, cows milk, pastry, I've given up coffee this week which I love, I gave up alcohol last July and to be honest I'm at my wits end with it all as I get indigestion after any solid meals so I eat lots of soup instead.

D

Anxiety and stress are definitely the main triggers for me - as far as food goes, I've got an asbestos stomach and can eat really spicy stuff with no problems at all. I'm a vegatarian anyway and haven't eaten meat for most of my life, but the only foods I actively avoid are raw onions and grapefruit as they give me horrendous indigestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information