Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Palpitations/stomach

Palpitations/stomach

Does anybody else get really bad palpitations which seem to be associatted with a (sorry) bowel movement?

This has been a persistent theme for me for years. I have had a really bad night, and the palps seem to be building up until I pass a movement (really intensify while I do - very frightening).

It's not constipation though.

I'm having a terrible night tonight... hardly slept at all. It always seems to happen when I go to bed quite relaxed, doze off and then am woken either by tummy ache or palpitations or both. I can't get the palpitatons to settle down properly at all. I have such a dry mouth too.

I had a drink last night (just a couple) and I am taking ranitidine for my severe indigestion. But this is something that has happened to me periodially for years and years.

I feel so bad and just don't know what to do, as I feel like it's building up again.
    :(:(:(

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

I'm wondering if I am now allergic to alcohol. I've never been a big drinker, but enjoyed a drink at the weekend, not more than 3 or 4 for years.

I know lots of other people say they can't drink - what effect does it have on you?

I also saw the link posted on the panic attacks board : http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/hypo/

Which might explain some of it - has anyone else considered/looked into this?

I am feeling a little better (been to the loo yet again!) which is the usual pattern although tonight's 'attack' has been spectacular - I really really thought I might die on the loo - what a fitting way for me to go!!!

I'm absolutely exhausted and will not be drinking again!!

Oh and the other thing I'm suspicious of is salt. I really enjoyed my sunday lunch but a friend that joined us and ate after I had finished today said it was incredibly salty. I have always loved salt and cut it almost out of my diet and said at the time "maybe that's my problem".

It would be so wonderful to find a simple medical/food related cause that I could do something about! I will never really understand how you can go to sleep feeling relaxed and be woken by these sort of symptoms!

Hoping I might get some sleep soon.

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?

Hi Fee,

Aww big (((((hugs))))) mate. I hope you're feeling better now.

Can't say I've had the palps with a bm that I can remember (will probably now that I've read about it!), I probably have if I'm already palping when I go to the loo. This is going to sound gross but I think if you have to strain a little to go to the loo, that could quite easily bring on a palp, or maybe just the fact your tummy was playing up.If tummys are full and boated that can cause palps. Sorry can't help more on that.

I certainly think alcohol plays a large part in anxiety symptoms, especially in ME patients. Most ME patiens can't tolerate alcohol at all. I can't even have it in a sauce or a pudding, I feel very ill afterwards. Thankfully I didn't drink before ME so it's not a problem. Caffeine is another big palp causer, I stopped drinking tea or coffee completely (not even decaff as that contain a small amount of caffeine!) about 3 years ago. I'm not sure about salt but I avoid it anyway and my nutritionist said never to add it to anything, which I've never done. There is enough sodium naturally in things to make sure we get enough. I think the only thing I now eat that can make me a bit jittery is chocolate due to the caffeine.

Really hope you're feeling better now.

Lisa x

Fee I have answered the post about the blood sugar levels - I have always said to anyone who would listen that I am sure I am borderline diabetic!!!!!!!

Had a weak and trembly day myself today (bored Lis to death with it on her thread).

You can have a big squeeze, albeit not at my normal shot putt strength.

Love Piglet xxxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks Lisa and Piglet

I'm being very stubborn and stupid and not facing the fact that I can't have a drink. I have such a problem with wanting to appear 'normal' - not to other people really, but to myself. I just can't stand thinking of myself as 'sensitive' or 'sick' so at the drop of a hat I just forget how bad I have been - and make myself worse again!! I have to address my diet issues, give up drinking and smoking, do the exclusion diet etc etc. I hope CBT will help me do this, focus and keep a lid on.

M&S are coming down tonight and I feel very very tense on top of exhausted and a bad tummy. They will come late tonight and stay at mum's and I'll see them tomorrow. Ridiculous - I don't feel excited at all - just like crying. Then Wednesday I am going up to London for us to have a meeting about the campaign. My friend is driving up with me - well she's been involved anyway. I'm terrified. Will have to deal with my ex on top of everything else.... I feel utterly overwhelmed today and just want to hide away. I hope my tummy settles and I sleep tonight so I can cope. I had a list of chores to do today - bank stuff, was going into work with my certificate etc etc and wanted to swim and I haven't been able to do anything. I have no milk or bread in the house either. Well sorry for myself. And all out of stupidity. Again.

Ho hum. I will put it back together again as soon as my body recovers.

WELL DONE PIGLET!!!

You did really well today going into town and as for the queues in Primark AMAZING they're enough to put anyone in a spin[8D][8D]

You haven't been a well piglet for a few days - it was a huge amount to take on!! I think you deserve an especially nice mudbath in the pen tonight lol!!! I hope your snuffles are better tomorrow...

Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Hi Fee,

I don't think it makes you not "normal" if you don't drink, many people don't drink for various reasons, even because they are driving sometimes. Not all normal people drink! Lol. I personally can go out with friends that are all drinking and have just as good (if not better) time than they are. You don't beat yourself up for not being able to eat gluten so why for alcohol. Theres nothing wrong with being sensitive or sick either, but I know what you mean there and of course we would prefer to be well and like everyone else (or how we think everyone else is), only most people we think of as normal have their own problems too, only we don't always know about it.
    Try not to be so hard on yourself for today, this blip will pass.

Sounds like you have a busy few days coming up with CBT, M&S and London. I hope your CBT goes well tomorrow and that you enjoy seeing Sarah and Mark. Do tell them that I'm thinking of them and think they are amazing, and admire them for being so positive. Anyone can see how in love they are and that's rare these days.

I hope you have a good evening, thinking of you.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Aww hun thank you - if it's any consolation at all I feel just the same today, in respect of finding things difficult and feeling physically crap at the same time.

You do have a lot on your plate mate and I totally understand that there are things to manage even if some of them are nice things. You so want to see Mark and Sarah but even the joy or pleasure at that means yet another emotion and you are a little emotioned out.

This is most likely because of the tum probs and not being sure what are triggers or not. I am now a very cautious alcohol drinker after being somewhat of a total drunkard in my youth.

I think these days its for several reasons, one I get scared of getting out of control whereas years ago that was a plus!!! Two it seems to make my heart race now and then. Three it does make me feel rubbish the next day.

I do still drink but its very infrequently now and in moderation only.

I don't know if being like this is normal or not but I have many friends of my own age and above who feel the same and aren't especially anxious.

I think you will feel better once you do actually see M&S on an emotional level but obviously the food thing does need some sort of management. I am again wonderin about the Udo's Oil as a gentle lining in your stomach. A little like honey can line a sore throat. Also I wondered did you ever try the Aloe Vera juice and one more thing what about something with lots of good bacteria. These are questions for the dietician really.

Dinners up so I better go.

Love Piglet xxxxxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Fee

Sorry to hear you've had such a difficult day. It is not really surprising with all that you have going on at the moment and particularly this week.

I get palps when I eat and have had them on bm too, but then I abuse laxatives so I guess it's not surprising [:I].

The sooner you get an appointment with the dietician the better really. As Piglet mentioned, aloe vera is meant to be good for stomach problems.

I hope CBT goes well tomorrow and you enjoy your visit with Mark and Sarah. Good luck for London too.

We are all here holding your hand .

Best wishes.

Karen

Thanks Piglet - no consolation really - don't like to think of you feeling pants too!!! Hope we both feel better tomorrow!

My tummy really really won't setle down. I have read up on the ranitidine and alcohol interferes with it so that's at least part of the explanation. I have logged a call with NHS cos I just don't know what to take when - I had 75mg this morning and want to take some more now, but I gave in and had gaviscon and rennies just over an hour ago. I can't keep the palps at bay either they keep coming and going and I have pains in my chest which are a little worrying...

oh god. NHS direct told me to go to A&E. I've phoned the emergency local doctors I so do not want to do that and I have phoned a friend and she is coming round. I can't do this now... M&S are on their way. Oh my god fullest blown panic attack go to go.

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Thinking of you Fee, can't stop or say much now as I keep vomiting and feeling faint when I do.

Hugs,

Lisa x

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information