Hi all, apologies if im posting in the wrong place, im on 60mg a day of fluoxetine due to depression and panic attacs and have to say that so far, 9 days in, i am not having too much in the way of side effects...i feel a little spaced out and very tired but apart from that i feel calmer. Im having the occasional blip but on the whole I feel like iv done the right thing in taking them.
I started on Fluox 12 months ago, 20mg as id been going through a very bad time in my personal life and was becoming increasingly depressed, paranoid and panicky.This made no difference so was upped tp 40mg. I felt slightly better on this, things were calming down a little in my life, and i felt i was turning a corner, so much so that I weaned myself off them and felt that I was ok.
Weather it was when all the fluox had worked its way through my system, or I just had a relapse but suddenly one evening all my panicky, horrible and very frightening feelings all came back, i couldnt settle, couldnt stop crying but didnt know why, and honestly felt I was going mad.The next morning I got the tablets id still had from when I was taking them before and started on them again, but this time 60mg each morning as I was so scared of the way i felt and couldnt handle it coming back.
I am going to see my doctor again next week, to say im back on them and to check that I can keep taking them at this dose as up to now I am feeling a difference,far more than I did whilst on the 40mg.
Not sure why im posting this really, as im not helping anyone nor asking for advice really-I suppose its because im on quite a high dose yet am being fairly lucky in not having unbearable side effects so if anyone is worried about taking fluox It might suit you and you might feel ok on it, its worth a try.