Thread: Type 2 diabetes

Type 2 diabetes

Hi all

I am interested to know if anyone has type 2 diabetes and whether they think this affects their panic attacks/anxiety?

I ask because my severe panic attacks started 2 months before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I had never had a panic attack before this. Therefore I feel there is a link between the panic attacks and the fact that I could have been diabetic at the time but didn't know/realise until a couple of months later. I had no other diabetic symptoms.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Any answer will be helpful.

Thanks

Re: Type 2 diabetes

I don't have diabetes but feel ill when my blood sugar is low. I've noticed that when I get like this, my anxiety is worse.

Re: Type 2 diabetes

Hi
    don;t have type 2, but know a fair bit about it. Interestingly, years before my anxiety started, i used to get the same symptoms (although didn;t know it then) as with a low blood sugar and a panic attack. I once had a blood suger of 1.5!!!, but it was the morning after the very heavy night before! LOL
    I do not think the 2 are linked, but the effect they have on the body are similar, its the flight or fight response symptoms in both cases, both have thier origins in the endocrine system- Blood sugar with glucose and panic with adrenalin.
    At the moment there is NOT thought to be a link , but who knows, new stuff is discovered all the time and we certainly don't know everything about the human body and how it works. Maybe we are pioneer's! or guniea pigs LOL
    Kath

Thread Information