Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOW BLOOD SUGAR DIET TO COMBAT ANXIETY

I really don't know about sweets.All I ever have is a small piece of chocolate now and then. Only dark chocolate as its not supposed to upset us panicers like normal chocolate

Don't believe everything you think.

jullip, i thought dark choc was just as bad as milk because they both contain cocoa which upsets the nervous system as well as sugar ?
    I know dark chocolate has iron in it which is good.I did see dark chocolate in the sweet and low range (dont temp me lol )

mirryx

i dont know why it made me ill mirry- im a big girl and i dont think it was givin me everything i need for me body!!!
    Ammeg

I have just joined e diets and picked up some good tips,

as GI refers to how carbohydrates effects blood sugars,these foods without carbs dont contain a GI value, fish /poultry and red meat.

If you want a higher GI food you can eat it with a lower Gi food food to bring the overall Gi levels down.

Carrots are a high GI believe it or not!

mirryx

mirry i would be very careful before doing this, as i feel a healthy abundant diet rich in fruit and carbs and everything in moderation is essential for anxiety management.

what are the big things you need to cut out and stock up on for this diet

jackie

Hi Jackie, My friend is a diabetic nurse and she trys to follow the GI diet herself because its a very healthy way of eating which can infact prevent people developing diabetis.

Its just basically what the goverment tell us we should be eating,
    plenty of fruit and veg and wholesome foods with protien.
    Its a very good balance.

We should all be eating more low GI foods and only a few high Gi foods.
    for example you can eat a bar of chocolate (high GI) straight after eating a wholemeal sandwich. The sandwich will stop your sugar levels going crazy from the bar of chocolate, basically it will keep the sugar levels more stable.

Its just the case of having the healthier carbs , brown foods instead of white ,which are in pasta/bread/rice.

I will let you know how i get on, i have just ordered my shopping from tescos and have ordered lovely healthy foods ,
    hoummous/chickpeas/lentils/fish/slamon/sunflower seeds/mangos/pears/sweet potatos/new potatos/cheese/wholemeal bread/pittas/tuna/slad and veg.
    mmmmmmmmmmmm feeling hungry lol

mirryx

Hi mirry,
    by coincidence i'm starting the GI diet this week, ive tried it before(not for panic attacks - just for weight loss) with no ill effects, i think low blood sugar is a big factor in my attacks so i'm experementing too, it seems a healthy and balanced enough plan to me, i dont think it can do any harm

Thanks emster, I will ask my friend for some more detailed advise on this subject when she gets back from her hols this week.
    Just a thought did you loose weight when you last tried it ? Only ive got a stone to loose:(

mirryx

I think i did, but i dont really remember how much cos it was a few years ago now, i think it was probably the healthyest i've ever eaten in my life though which cant be a bad thing

Yes i have been reading the ediets online and the meals are very healthy. I ordered the sugar mentioned on this thread which is low GI. it was 94p.

mirryx

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information