Thread: out of my mind with worry again!!

out of my mind with worry again!!

suffer HA biggest fear cancer

had mid cycle spotting panicked although had b4 and didnt worry then, but had bad start to year and major stress n anxiety again so had to go to gp, who said highly unlikely i had anything wrong but i had missed last smear 2 years ago bad i know but the wait for results makes me so ill, i hadnt went, she said once period was over to go n get smear n that will put my mind at ease..
    i booked it today for tomoz and im nearly out of my mind with worry convinced my cancer will be so advanced i wont get through it..
    i have a little itch after monthly down below and im convinced its because cancer is right through me, i have honestly no symptoms at all except now im thinking about it im a little uncomfortable down below when i sit, im so scared i dont know what im going to do as i look in mirror andsee aomeone healthy yet im convinced im going to die.. hope it dont look like im stupid im petrified any help would be fab

Re: out of my mind with worry again!!

Hello. Now take a deep breath. Well done for booking yourself a smear test for tomorrow.

Spotting is perfectly normal for a lot of women so calm down. You haven't told us whether you are sexually active or whether you use contraception - and either of those things could exaplain mid cycle spotting, but of course there are plenty of other reasons too!

It's also normal to be a bit itchy down there at the end of your period. It's because the blood becomes dryer at the end of your period and irritates the delicate skin down there on its way out.

Your Dr has only advised you to book a smear test to put your mind at rest, and NOT because you have any cancer symptoms. Also, bear in mind that cervical cancer is VERY EASILY treated if caught early so it's always best to get regular smears.

Good luck for tomorrow hun. You really have nothing to worry about but you're doing the right thing because the test will put your mind at rest. Be brave and let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by shoegal; 05-04-11 at 22:26. Reason: Shocking typos!

Thank u for replying to me and i know your right bout gp with test etc but its now that im going for smear that i realise if i have got it, it may not be treated as just found date of last smear n it was end 2004 so thats 6 n half years anything could be growing n im petriefed i have left it too long..
    sorry for waffling x

Hiya, I am sure you'll be fine. I had midcycle spotting too a couple of times and panicked. Turns out after swabs etc that it was thrush - had no other symptoms. Easy thrush treatment and spotting stopped. Itching could actually be a bit of thrush. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by shoegal View Post
    Hello. Now take a deep breath. Well done for booking yourself a smear test for tomorrow.

Spotting is perfectly normal for a lot of women so calm down. You haven't told us whether you are sexually active or whether you use contraception - and either of those things could exaplain mid cycle spotting, but of course there are plenty of other reasons too!

It's also normal to be a bit itchy down there at the end of your period. It's because the blood becomes dryer at the end of your period and irritates the delicate skin down there on its way out.

Your Dr has only advised you to book a smear test to put your mind at rest, and NOT because you have any cancer symptoms. Also, bear in mind that cervical cancer is VERY EASILY treated if caught early so it's always best to get regular smears.

Good luck for tomorrow hun. You really have nothing to worry about but you're doing the right thing because the test will put your mind at rest. Be brave and let us know how you get on.

Hi and thanks again for your support, i went to nurse had long conversation and told her my worries, she checked outside first had good examination said everything perfect and when she did my smear she did take her time and told me everything looks perfectly healthy, she said although you cant see cancer if there was an abnormnality of any proportion it would push the cervix walls and they were exactly where they should be as was my womb which also looked healthy, she did say however what the eye cant see is changes in the smears, which i understood but as far as advanced cancer etc which i was worried about she said there was nothing at all to indicate that and as far as she was concerned nothing to worry about , so im a little more relaxed thank goodnes, just got to wait to see what happens when i get results, but least i feel easier that even if there was something it hadnt got out of hand thank you again x

Well done for going for your smear.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegal View Post
    Well done for going for your smear.

thanks, just got the horrible wait now lol

Please relax i know its hard, but i worried that i had cervical cancer for 6 years, i was too afraid to go for a smear test, but was convinced i had it, i would spend day and night worrying. I had spotting and thought i had pain. Eventually i couldnt take it any more and went for a smear test, i was convinced that the results would be the worst. When i got them it was all clear, no problems, my spotting must have been down to stress and worry because since i got the results all my symptoms disappeared and ive had no problems since that was june last year. Unfortunately i just moved on to worry about other things but thats health anxiety for you.

Quote Originally Posted by amandy1979 View Post
    Please relax i know its hard, but i worried that i had cervical cancer for 6 years, i was too afraid to go for a smear test, but was convinced i had it, i would spend day and night worrying. I had spotting and thought i had pain. Eventually i couldnt take it any more and went for a smear test, i was convinced that the results would be the worst. When i got them it was all clear, no problems, my spotting must have been down to stress and worry because since i got the results all my symptoms disappeared and ive had no problems since that was june last year. Unfortunately i just moved on to worry about other things but thats health anxiety for you.

Thank you so much it helps to know someone else has been there, im at the what if stage which is somewhere i dont want to be, thanks again x

hi i like you had been putting off my smear but eventually booked in for one and the wait was only 2 weeks, i did though have an abnormal smear result so need to go back after 6 months of that one for another test, if only i had gone when i should, appararently alot of people get abnormal tests and the cells could have gone back to normal when retested.

Thread Information