Thread: Newbie

Hi

I have just joined as I often like to look for ways of helping myself and this looks a very positive way forward, by joining this site.
    I am 50 in May and had hoped to be "in a better place" as far as my mental health goes, as well as trying to be slimmer
    Currently doing Slimming World
    I have suffered depression/anxiety for most of my life, to different degrees.
    I have issues relating to my adoption and this seems to have affected my whole life.
    I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband and 3 absolutely terrific children, all in their 20's.
    My current problem is being off work, for 4 months, with anxiety and stress after being bullied for 2 years and then treated badly by management.
    I am on venelfaxine and sleeping tablets.
    I am 2 weeks into CBT but not quite convinced yet
    Well that's me, I hope to be a regular poster on here and to support others as I would like to be supported

Hi holidaygirl

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Newbie

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

It is nice to see another "Newbie" like myself - I have also been off work with "Anxiety" since January this year so I know what it is like. I am wanting to get back to working but am scared that employers will see that I have had Anxiety and bin me off! I am already finding the site a "god send".

Adele
    xxx

A big warm welcome to you both. Hope you find all the support you need

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
    Norman Vincent Peale.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehall1 View Post
    It is nice to see another "Newbie" like myself - I have also been off work with "Anxiety" since January this year so I know what it is like. I am wanting to get back to working but am scared that employers will see that I have had Anxiety and bin me off! I am already finding the site a "god send".

Adele
    xxx
    Hi, nice of you to reply
    My employer is so keen to have me back that when I asked for a back to work meeting they gave me one for a months time
    That is, after the date I go on half pay! Turns out the managers are on leave, well, that's not my problem
    Hubbie now in communication with HR and protesting about the half pay.
    It was all work related anyway!
    It's no wonder I suffer from anxiety
    Hope you feel better soon, it's not easy but I have been finding my way around alsorts of ideas/books/CD's/audio books on ipod/even trying meditation/relaxation (unheard of for me, who never relaxes!)
    x

It is nice to hear that someone else is feeling like me - I too find it hard to slow down and relax but have a large pile of "help books" at the side of the bed along with several Paul McKenna CD's which I have found really useful when trying to switch off! Keep in touch. Adele xxx

Thread Information