Thread: was this a panic attack too

was this a panic attack too

Was in the kitchen tiding up and sniffed in though my nose as i was a bit sniffy, then my whole body went light and power less like i had no energy any where, i thought i was going to drop, it passed atfer a while, but has left me scared, i had something similar the other day. Earlier my legs felt heavy and weak like they were going to give way, then i felt surged dizzy all over, whats happening to me?

c.lambert

Hello!
    It was almost certainly a panic episode - you say you have been a bit sniffy lately - you have probably been tense and over-breathing without noticing it. When you took a deeper breath in, it probably just added to the backgroung hyperventilating and resulted in you feeling strange. Try not to worry, these symptoms will pass, they always do. Try to relax your breathing more, drop those shoulders and relax your chest and back. Keep checking your posture and you will notice how quickly to keep tensing up. Your legs feeling heavy and weak is also a consequence of hyperventilating. When you notice these symptoms, you start to panic and hey presto! you feel even worse. Try going for some nice walks, exercise really helps to reajust to breathing to more normal patterns.
    All the best!
    Fradycat. xx

Thanks for that advice, was scaring the living daylights out of me. Still find it hard to believe something so scarey can be anxiety, went to doctor last night he gave me a blood form, but i think he knows its panic related. my iron is usually low at 11.5. border line.

c.lambert

Thread Information