Thread: 6 weeks and its only getting worse

Exclamation 6 weeks and its only getting worse

HI EVERYONE,I'VE BEEN ON CITALOPRAM 20mg for nearly 6 weeks now and i feel that side effects are only getting worse for me.firts couple of weeks werent graet,then it sort of got better bit the past few days i somply wish I was dead-Im always tired and wanting to sleep,my headache hasnt gone away since saturday(5days!!!),as well as diarrhoea that is so bad rhat i cant leave the house.and thats not all ,yesterday i was sick in a midle of my living room simply didnt manage to get to the bathroom in time....thought that things should get better and most of people taking citalopram complain about side effects for the first few weeks but not as long as i have been having them,should i worry???
    thank you
    jasena

Re: 6 weeks and its only getting worse

Hi, I'm really sorry you are going through this. I had some side effects for at least 6 weeks when I first started taking cit at 20mg. In this case I'd have a word with your doctor about either changing the dose or changing your medication, but the symptoms you describe could possibly be a bug - have you always had these side effects with cit?

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

hi thank you for quick reply!I had stomach problems in first 2 weeks and was told its normal,then it went away pretty much(well I still was feeling sick from time to time).seems like all the side effects came back on the weekend and stayed since then.if first thought it was a bug as you mentioned but i havent eaten anything dodge and my hubby was eating exactly same as me (and he is the one with sensitive stomach not me)...I do understand that things will get a bit worse before they get better but right now it stopes me from having a 'normal' life-I mis outdoor ;/
    jasena

Hi, I'm pretty much the same at the moment, all my symptoms feel so much worse since starting this drug and i've ended up in hospital twice after taking too many tablets during a panic attack. I moved up toe 40mg 2weeks ago and I'm going through all the side effects again! I was mountain biking at half term with my kids, now a can barely walk them to schooland I've been off work for 6 weeks now! I'm exhausted most of the time and feel like everythings getting worse, but at the same time this crisis has underlined how ill I was. I'm going to try and monitor now how it goes over time. Managed to take my son to school for last 3 days which I didn't manage last week! One thing it hasn't affected is my stomach though, sounds awful

Hiya
    Go back to your doctor, when I intitally took cit it made me sick, I had to start on a lower dose and the doc gave me anti nausea medication aswell which is really helpful.

Hope you start to feel better soon! Xx

I've been taking them for 7 weeks, 6 days at 30mg and now 2 days at 40mg. I felt rough for the first 3 weeks then had a good run wk 4 and 5, now I feel crap again. It's a bit of a roller coaster I recon it will take another month at 40mg before I get properly used to this dose.

thank you for all your advice guys!!
    cheers,

Thread Information