Thread: side effects are too much

side effects are too much

day 3 of upping the citalopram to 40mg. side effects are worse than when i started on 20. im shakey, palpataions. im feeling paranoid...couldnt get the bus this morning cos i freaked out. locked myself in my room last night cos i thought someone was breaking into my house. not sure i can keep going like this. feel soooo bad....just want out

Re: side effects are too much

At least I'm not the only one. I have been 6 days going from 20 - 30mg and the last 2 days on 40mg. Feel headachy and spaced out, anxiety has been bad again. I'm going to tough it out the doctor recons the side effects from upping the dose don't last as long as the initial side effects.

i hope your right. i really do. i know they say that things get worse before they get better but when you feel like things cant get any worse they are not the words you want to hear.
    feel totally monged....how im going to amuse my son over half telm feeling like im on another planet i dont know.

you have classic anxiety, ive been there and its not nice, worse at the beginning

I feel for you! I tried Citalopram a few years ago and couldn't cope with the side effects! I hope you feel better soon x

I feel for you this sounds terrible - its true they can make you feel like this, but its a shame as you want to feel better not worse!and certain not more fearful!

I myself was prescribed CIT over 4 wks ago now and basically made the decision not to take them - from everything I heard - none of it was good and for me I wanted to instantly feel better not worse and I just feared so badly of taking them like what if I reacted badly!...
    Well I've still got problems with my anxiety etc to a med/high level but by using help/advice from on here, the internet/books etc...and being with my two year old, and having time off work - I have improved slowly each day - dont get me wrong some days are still bad, but I really was determined to do this by not taking the tablets, the doc couldnt believe how much Id come along recently and she mentioned the tablets and said oh they must be kicking in then - I told her the truth I hadnt taken them and she was shocked but I guess suprised too as it appears that my own determination to not be down and worry every day and defeat this illness was working...I still want CBT too and hopefully try to go back to work!

Obviously everyone is at a certain place with this disorder, and dont get me wrong if things got worse then i think id have to consider taking them and you have to do whats right for you.

Id see how you go - and def go see doctor if this persists...hope you feel better soon hugs

Thread Information