Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nellie123

nellie123

Hello anyone ,
    I am in abit of a state. Sorry but I have to get this off my chest so to speak.
    As some of you might know my daughter is poorly. I won't go into detail about that so much. She in incontinent due to her illness.
    She has been into hospital for six weeks,and has been at her own home with carers for two weeks She has been spending a lot of money on incontinent pants.
    So this morning I took it on myself to ring her GP to ask for pads
    I won't be able to get a prescription for them for her unless she has a assessment first.
    Although she has been incontient in hospital and also at home.
    I am so angry. All known ocupational, social workers ,Care nurse and all unsundry know about her condition
    Now someone else has to come out to see her.
    Shall I leave the soiled bed as evidence? ALSO
    As my daghter is always saying she wants to end it all, I'm thinking thats what she will do. I am so worried. Any assurance from anyone?

Hi nellie123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: nellie123

Thanx Nicola for your pm I do find it very hard sometimes to remember stuff I do hope you ok

To Diane 07
    not new its me getting old sorry

Maybe try ringing back and get another appointment with a different GP within the surgery. Make a nuisance of yourself and maybe they'll see sense.
    It's so frustrating when we have to jump through silly bureaucratic hoops. :(

Nellie - it was because you posted in the introduce yourself forum that Di greeted you lol.

Maybe move this somewhere else?

Glad you managed to post anyway

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanx deep reason.
    Thats given me an idea. I could visit the GP on her behalf and see whats going on .Her prescription needs sorting out .You would think the GP would automaticlly home visit.We could take her to the surgery but its such a chore as she has reached about 14plus stone and its a bit awkward getting her into the car and she gets so exhausted,and then all hell breaks loose. Its not her though. Its the illness

My Mother had similar issues with her General practice for Stoma cream . ..Its utterly ridiculous ,as if you dont have enough to contend with ..Id take the dirty sheet with me in a bin liner .Theres no reason for another assesment if shes seen all and sundry .When you go to the Drs mention your worried about her talk of ending it all as well .He may decide she needs an assesment from the mental health team .Sounds like shes frustrated hun ,understandable .Hope everything goes well .,you have a lot on your plate that s for sure Sue x

Nellie hello

this is outrageous!!!
    the district nurse can do assessment and the surgery can send one out on Monday at latest .
    I am enraged on your behalf that the discharge summary from hospital did not include the need for prescription for pads

if it were me I would be ringing surgery again ..........but I know the strength to fight such neglect takes tooooooo much out of us . and it is now Friday night .

hope you get it sorted and I feel for you .

Sorry Nellie I deleted my own message. You should be able to ask for a visit from the continence nurse who will arrange for your daughter to have continence pads for free. EJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information