Thread: Palpitations

Palpitations

Hello
    last night i had a night of a couple of drinks and some snacks with the girls we were laughing joking and dancing all night until i got home.
    When i got home i suddenly had 4 or 5 (in a row) skipped beats, i kept on taking a deep breath while i was having them and if im honest, although ive had it before, it frightened me,

should i be worried?

Help!!

Re: Palpitations

Hi Holly,
    As a palpitation sufferer myself I know how terrible the feeling can be and completely sympathise, but I don't think you should be overly worried about it. Lots of people get palpitations every now and then, it's just we tend to hear it more because we're more acutely aware of our bodies (I thought my heart suddenly pounding after my first takeaway in several months last night was me going into cardiac arrest, but hey, still here right?) It could simply be your body reacting to the adrenalin rush from a great night out!
    Of course if it's really troubling you then it'd be best to go see the doctor and check everything's A-OK, but personally I don't think you should fret. Stay strong and focus on the positives. Go out and relax, it's a beautiful day : )

Thank you, i know i sound so typically GAD but it bothers me because a few weeks ago i got really dizzy which was my ears, but i was so uptight about it i had chest pain caused by tension & indigestion and now this, and the odd chest pain too. i know deep down theyre not related and theres nothing wrong, but im so afraid that if i stop worrying about it, and if i forget about it, that it'll be something wrong, im afraid to let go of it.

Im sorry to burden everyone on the board but im at my wits end...again.

x

Dont worry about burdening people...the boards here for that and anyway, people can answer or not.

Sounds like it could have been stomach. Could be just tiredness which seems to bring them on. Hope they have settled now. Take care,

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information