Thread: Day 8 - still having side effects

Day 8 - still having side effects

I am now on about day 8 of taking citalopram and I am still feeling sick. I am finding that it is a lot worse after driving. So the result is I get to work and then cant look at my monitor because I am feeling so sick and makes me feel a bit dizzy when looking at the screen! I am hoping that this is all going to get better soon. I only managed to do two days work last week and I am worried that they are going to get really annoyed with me. I am supposed to be moving from 10mg to 20mg this week but worried that is going to make me more sick. Has anyone found that symtoms get worse when moving up?

Re: Day 8 - still having side effects

Are you having something to eat when you take your medication? This should help a bit, and I've found this works for me. Feeling nauseous with Citalopram is really common, but it does go after a few weeks, so hang on as it does pass.

I ahve been taking it at night sort of about 8/9pm so it is after my dinner. They make me very sleepy once i have taken it that is why I am taking them at night. It is the next day that I feel sick. I am back at the doctors this week so I am going to check with them.

I have now been on the tablets for a while now and other than still feeling sick and quite tired I am not really having any side effects. I have however started to feel a bit depressed again recently and last weekend I was feeling so bad I was in tears again and stayed in bed all weekend. Is it normal to still be feeling like this when on citalopram? I didnt think everything would disappear but I have been feeling quite down again. Should I go back to my doctor?

It may well be that the dose isn't right yet, which can take a little while to adjust. Have you been back to your GP yet? If so, mention it to him/her that your depression's increasing as they should be able to do something to help.

OK thank you for that, I will get an appointment. It just seems now my body got adjusted to the tablets and I am no longer having the side effects nothing else has changed. I am feeling anxious today as well as I have to do something I dont want to! I know once I have been and got it over with it will be fine but the panic etc is building up in me as the day goes on.

always keep an eye on the depression getting worse x x
    You could try taking the tablet at night time, in hopes that you might sleep through the nausea

Anticipation anxiety sucks :(

Thread Information