Thread: Blood test results

Blood test results

<sigh> so I'm back here again, after many years - I'm succumbing to the anxiety

About 6 months ago I started having pain on my left side, having been to the doctors, I have had many tests. I have had a colonoscopy which showed some diverticulitis. However, pain continued so I had blood tests and scans - both ultrasound outside and trans-vaginal.

Spoke to Dr this morning who said my CA-125 blood result was "slightly elevated" but both scans showed nothing untoward at all. In fact, the radiographer included liver, pancreas etc in the scan and all - including ovaries and womb lining - look absolutely normal.

In light of the blood result though, the Dr is referring me to the gynae clinic to investigate further.

Dr told me not to Google.... but of course I have and now I am worried sick and have become fixated.

Any advice, any experience?

Aaagghhhh I hate this

N xx

Re: Blood test results

I should add, that the pain has recently subsided and hasn't been bothering me nearly as much. But of course, after all this, it has now returned with a vengence!

I agree with your doctor dont google !!! My anxiety has been horrendous this week because of it !!! You scans are ok and Dr is being thorough he sounds like a good Doctor. You have had a thorough investigation and i would look on that as a positive !! I know its hard; I give positive advice but struggle to take my own advice. Good luck and i am sending lots of hugs your way x x

Hi i have been told that that certain blood test is very unreliable and can be elevated for a number of trivial things so dont worry x

Thread Information