Thread: Introduce myself

Question Introduce myself

Hi Guys

I'm new so just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been suffering anxiety for about a year now. Been quite bad for the past six months though. Don't even know where to start with symptoms. I've always had slight chest pains and palpatations from my early teens but only happend a couple times in a yr so never concerned myself with it. My first big panic attack happened in Oct last yr after I returned from a weeks hol in Spain. Don't know if it was all the pressure before hols stressing bout money and passports etc etc that brought it all to a head but the attack was so bad that I rang NHS Direct thinking I was having a heart attack. They told me it sounded more like panic. Ever since that attack I have not been myself at all. I honestly feel like a different person now and still cant explain the main trigger. I go through my whole day feeling strange. I get a strange feeling in head as if i'm not getting enough oxygen to my brain or something, i get tingling and twitching all over, mainly legs and now stomach has started recently. I get chest pains all the time. They switch sides of my chest constantly from left to right. I have a lump in my neck all the time as if i'm struggling to swallow or catch my breath. All these symptoms seem to last all day and I still struggle to believe that it is anxiety sometimes coz I don't feel like i'm in a panic state or worrying about anything when these symptoms start up. I've quit smoking 3 months now to help my chest, i've also taking up regular yoga and swimming but it's not helping. My doc has just started me on some meds but have been told that it could make my anxiety worse for the first couple of weeks so not looking forward to that. I'm also meant to be seeing a mental health advisor soon aswell, makes me sound like i'm crazy when I know i'm not.

I'm glad to come across a site with so many similar people with similar stories. Glad to know that i'm not crazy and not the only sufferer. Thanks for reading.

Hi Wnt2bnrmlagain

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information