Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had smear today now freaking out!

Had smear today now freaking out!

So I went for my smear and during it I asked the nurse about ovulation pains are they normal etc.. She didn't really say much and after my smear when I was leavin she said now Lele keep an eye on those pains and go see a dr if they carry on!!!!! So now I'm like Omg has she seen something while doing the smear! I'm ovulating now and the pains are quite noticeable and sore..

I thought mid cycle pains were normal?

Lele x

Re: Had smear today now freaking out!

Hi

I don't know about ovulation pains, but i've been experiencing women issues lately aswell. I've had the odd spotting between periods and last month I completely missed a period and knew i was def not pregnant so put it down to stress/anxiety. i mentioned it to doc at last check up and she examined me. she said that my cervix looked inflamed and also took some swabs to check for infection etc, they come back clear.

Anyway, she referred me to colposcopy clinic so obviously i freaked out as thats where you go if abnormal results. I was there on fri and luckily it was just inflamanation. Needed to get cold coalgulation (ouch!!). She took my smear and thats just come back normal.

Sorry its bit long post, just telling my story. Pls don't panic about the pains u getting, they could be any number of things. Go see doc if r worried as mine turned out fine and I was freaking out just like you. I'm sure its something minor.

hey i get bad ovulation pains and pains in general with my woman issues, i had a smear not long ago and was abnormal so got to go back in July for another one, fingers crossed the abnormal cells will have gone.

Hi.

I think if she had seen something in your smear she would have said something, if not advice you that you that you need to take immediate action, but she didn`t, so I wouldn`t worry too much. Just take her advice and see the doctor if you have any concerns at all. Maybe go and see him anyway to talk about your anxiety over it? That is what he is there for.

And don`t worry if you do get a letter to go back and see the doctor, that usually means you just need anti-biotics for a minor infection like thrush etc, that you didn`t even realise was there. That has happened to me a couple of times before.

Philomena.

Thanx Im just scared as I though ovulation pains were normal. Emma I hope all is ok for you.

Lele x

Hi i suffer from ovulation pains and i know loads of women who do and alot of women i know get pelvic pain or dicomfort most of the month so dont worry because you mentioned it to the nurse she has to address it she cant ignore you its more than her jobs worth so that why she said keep an eye on it just to cover herself even though she isnt worried because if she was one little bit concerned she would take it further so dont worry x

Thanx Bronte. She just really scared me! Can't believe the results will take 6 wks.

Lele x

hi

try not to worry, im similar to u, i had to go for smear aft missing last one, and worried sick something is wrong.. im playing the waiting game, just waiting and worrying but , again i echo what is being said if the nurse was worried she would have asked the gp to come in, but she didnt however i would go for your own piece of mind, as nothing worse than your anxiety blowing up when your waiting on results.
    take care

thanks lele, sure all ok its quite common which is why they say go back in 6 months for a retest as the cells can disappear by then.

Yeah sure it's fine hun. Does your pain feel like it's also in the side and your hip? My hips get achy too..

Lele x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information