Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testicular Cancer??

Testicular Cancer??

Hi, I have a fluid type lump on the end of my testicle and im sure iv ha it for years but anyway i went to see the gp and he said yes its definatly cyst like, He said cancerous lumps form on the testicle and hes confident its a cyst but hes sent me for an ultra sound to be 100% sure. Since then iv felt so ill, Iv had this flu like symptoms for a week and cant stop thinking i have cancer and its spread! I have the ultra sound on tuesday and im fearing the worst. I can hear a rattling sound on my chest when i breath and it does feel like a common cold but sometimes during the day it just dissapears and its like i dont have a cold?? Then bang its there again. I also have dull aches in my testicles, low abdomen and upper abdomen. Im so scared im feeling much worse and very sick :-(

Re: Testicular Cancer??

Hi Mike, Im just bumping this up for the gents on the forum, in case you prefer advice from them, especially if they have experience in this department.
    I wish you well Tuesday, let us know how you get on ok. Paula x

Another bump up hoping someone can help you....

Hi Mike ,
    have to say I am not a doctor etc .....so this is just my thoughts
    cancer spread from testicle usually is silent with no symptoms on chest that appear like cold and flu .
    a mass on your testicle would not be fluid like in my experience ..trust your doc my forum friend ...............it is highly unlikely you have serious worry there .
    naturally you are hyper vigilant at the moment and noticing aches and pains .
    dont worry too much honestly Mike .
    Take care
    xx

Thanks very much i got an cancelation this morning and thankfully everything was fine im so relieved. Thanks for the support

Fluid type lump sounds like a Hydrocoele.Most testicular lumps arent cancer they can be epididymal cysts, spermatocele, hydrocoele, appendix testis etc etc. Go to a urologist and get an ultrasound if you cant get your mind at ease though, its pretty definitive as far as diagnosing TC goes.

I found a cyst a few months ago and it is pretty much what started my health anxiety, i worried myself sick thinking it was cancer.

hey! ive been to the doctors plenty of times about this, its nothing to worry about. a cancer would fell like a wallnut or stone attached to your testicle. i have an enlarged testicle, which is a completely different shape and and size to my left one. again nothing to worry about. hope this helps!

I had a similar experience after finding a lump , i mean the awareness on cancer these days is great , but when you find a symptom like a lump on your testicle it puts the fear of god in you , instantly you believe you could have the worst , however percentage wise it is more likely to be something unrelated to the big c , such as a cyst .... my biggest mistake was after finding it , i started to have aching pain in my testicles and it wasn't clear until it was pointed out to me , i had most likely given myself the ache by constantly feeling and pressing my testicles trying to feel the lump

but
    I advise everyone to seek professional medical advice on matters like this
    if it is ( god forbid it ) cancer the early they catch the better the chances of curing you

An ultrasound is the gold standard for testicular examination.

I'm really worried about testicular cancer atm. I am CONVINCED that I have it (even though I probably dont). I have to keep reminding myself that under 4% of lumps are cancerous and testicular cancer has over a 95% cure rate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information