Thread: Diarrhea?

Exclamation Diarrhea?

I know that everyone gets diarrhea, but I'm going to ask this question anyways.

A few months ago I posted a topic about rectal bleeding. I had bright red blood on the toilet paper after I wiped. I was told it was probably a fissure because there was pain during the bowel movement. I started using vaseline and it went away. It happened once again, but hasn't for awhile. The pain/tearing sensation is no longer there and everything is fine.

I'm a dieter and what normally happens is that I eat well all week and then kind of go crazy on the weekends. I eat badly, so it's pretty normal for me to have diarrhea on the weekend. Not the "running to the bathroom every 5 minutes" kind, but just very loose stools when I do go.

This week it has been like that all week. I don't feel sick and I'm not going to the bathroom more often, but the stools are very loose when I do go. One change I made this week was eating salads, which I NEVER do, for lunch. I use spinach leaves, bacon, egg, and feta cheese on these salads. Everything else has been the same.

I was having hard stools when I got the apparent fissure, but it's pulled a 180. This morning when I went (keep in mind that I had a big unhealthy dinner out last night), my stool was green.

Can the salads be causing me to have the loose stools? If so, is there a way to resolve that issue or would I just have to stop eating them? And how about the green stool? Is that normal?

I should also add that my fiance and I had to kick out roommates out this week who are really good friends and I've had some stress over that. But the diarrhea started before the real stress kicked in.
    Last edited by lbwhite89; 17-04-11 at 12:32.

Re: Diarrhea?

Green stools are caused by eating Green leafy raw vegtables like Spinach lettuce and broccoli .Its nothing to worry about .If you are over eating at the w/e or changing your eating habits ,It will often cause loose bowels .Fissures and piles are caused by not enough fibre and hard stools .Try to drink more fluid and eat a bit more fibre in the week and stop overeating at w/e s..iT WILL get back to normal when you eat well all the time .You could have IBS .WHICH can give you the symptoms you describe .But only a Dr can diagnose you .See how you go and if it doesnt improve pop and see the Dr .T/c Sue x

Thread Information