Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirgrane/headache aura?

Mirgrane/headache aura?

hello all...last night i was watching some videos on youtube when i suddenly had these circle auras in my vision it affected the center of sight and blurred out a little bit the circle got bigger then finally out of my vision then i got a headache im scared i got a brain tumor now :( very scared. has anybody ever had this?:

Re: Mirgrane/headache aura?

Yep been getting them for years now, very scary things, an awful pain :(
    the aura normally lasts 20 minutes and is followed by a headaches, usually on one side of the head.
    you might feel really weird n kinda spaced out too.
    theres a herb called FeverFew which helps cut down on the amount of migraines I get.
    were you on your period or did you eat cheese or drink red wine or were very tired? sometimes these things can trigger off a migraie.

Yes! and it was very scary. Thought I was going blind. Phoned my GP got an appt later that day. By the time I got to the doctors surgery I had a headache and the visual disturbances were gone. I had a migraine!

Still not convinced, went home and phoned my best friends husband who has an opticians. He explained that you can get an "aura migraine" i.e. visual disturbances without the actual headache. Got my eyes tested just to be on the safe side from another optician (friend lives too far away) and he also agreed as he is a migraine sufferer himself.

Only had one more since, but I now I know what they are, I'm not as scared.

Regards.

Haz

OMG, I have just posted about the exact same thing. I had a problem with my vision yesterday and could only see bits of anything I looked at. I was so scared and it gave me a full blown panic attack. I did get a bit of a headache after but not a dreadfully painful one. I thought I was going blind. I went off to the doctor at the hospital who took my blood pressure and checked my eyes but by then i could see ok. He said possible migraine auras but nothing sinister. I was so scared. Today my head feels really thick and my eyes feel thick behind them. It petrified me and I don't think the panic attack helped either.
    Take care hun

Luv Tracy

hey just so you all know, some times you can feel a bit off days before having an actual migraine, a migraine it's self is not just a typical headache, after the migraine you might get whats known as a migraine hang over, where you just feel very off and tired x

this might help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migraine

thank you all for your input.. jeeze how scary!!!! does anybody ever just feel good for years on end? seems like when one thing ends another begins. thanks again

As a longterm migraine sufferer, I'd say those images on Google are a very good representation. Makes me queasy just thinking about it!!

I know, I felt a bit ill too while looking at the pictures!

Hi.
    I am new to this phenomena, only having 3 in my life, all which have been this year. I looked at the google pics and i cant say any of them look like mine!! I don't have zig zagging or C shapes. I just get a spot in my vision that blanks out the picture. Kind of reminds me of when you have looked at the sun and then come inside and the light stays in your eye. It then moves over to the side and my whole eye seems to do a weird thing i cant describe. Kind of like i've been spun around really fast and then stopped but my eyes are giddy and i have them open. (It's fine when i close them).....The one i had yesterday was like this.....I woke up in the morning, went to the loo and looked over at the clock on the wall in the lounge room and noticed that i could see the clock but i couldnt see the hands to tell the time! I got back into bed and watched the tv and then noticed that i could see the people on the screen but while looking at their faces, their bodies seemed to dissapear or not match up correctly!! As i sat up i began to feel the giddy type feeling in the eye and it felt like my vision was going to close over. This is when i panicked and told my hubby to quickly get me some panadol and nurofen which i took and closed my eyes for an hour. When i was brave enough to open them, i noticed it had gone but i did have a very mild headache on the other side of my head.
    Anyone else???

Kel x
    Last edited by Kelley; 09-05-11 at 03:13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information