Thread: Even numbers

Even numbers

Okay - odd one, and totally not what most people would really assume was a problem.

But i've basically had, for as long as i can remember, an aversion to doing or seeing things done, an odd number of times.

Let me give you a few examples here.

I'll flip a coin, it'll land on heads, then on tails, then on heads.
    I'll flip it some more to get that pattern again, but this time it'll do heads, heads, tails... then i'll flip again and get the original heads, tails, heads, .. but then my stupid ocd demands that i then flip a heads, heads, tails too..

I'll be sat by a bucket of stones, and throw one at a far off rock, it'll hit, then the next will hit, , then i'll keep going till i hit it twice in a row again..

More worryingly, when i was a kid, with my friends out in a park, i jumped over a huge (very deep) walled stream, then jumped back (but only just made it back, since the original side was a little higher), but mr OCD kicks in and i jump back over, just so i know in my head that i'll have gone each way twice. only, when i jumped back again i very nearly slipped in (had i done so, i would most likely have died, it was a 40ft+ drop on to a 1ft deep brick-bottom stream), and heres the stupid thing. i was tempted to do it again to get one clean jump and one almost-falls-in jump, to the point where my friends refused to let me, urk!

Other than that it's never really been a "problem" persay, more of an annoyance.

I can quite easily break the desire to do something an even number of times now if i'm mindful of what i'm doing but it automatically comes back later when i'm doing something else.

Not really asking for any tips or anything, just wondering if anyone else has this same problem? lol

Re: Even numbers

I don't have OCD, but have seen the comedy side of it on it on t.v, like counting peas
    Or counting steps, or doing every thing twice.
    I girl I knew have bad OCD one time, she used to have to count her pasta so she could have an even number, but she didn't do that with rice lol.
    or flicking on and off the light switch a certain number of times, or closing the door twice.

hi
    you are not alone... my ocd is "odd" numbers

Quote Originally Posted by bluesparkle View Post
    hi
    you are not alone... my ocd is "odd" numbers
    We can never marry, lol

lol ...we would always be argueing

Totally get you on the even number thing. Even when my ocd isn't bad I can't bring myself to do things an odd number of times!

My friend (who has mild ocd) had an obsession with odd numbers. We couldn't share a room on a band trip due to the potential anxiety it would cause us both. We did spend the entire bus journey debating odd/even (it got a little heated) which kept everyone else amused!

Thread Information