Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi I thought I'd try this site to see if it might help. I finally gave in and phoned the doctors surgery today but then couldn't get an appointment. I've had OCD since I was a child and have been having panic attacks for a few years. They've been getting worse since I moved house last July. At the moment I cannot cope if I can't hear sound either from the tv or music. I've even had to buy myself an indoor water feature which I have running all night. Although I still have an intimate relationship with my husband I haven't been able to share a bedroom with him because of my need to hear sound constantly. This I find the hardest to cope with as we have shared a room since I was 19 and I'm now 44. In my tiny two bedroomed house I have 3 tv's, 3 videos, 3 dvd players and 4 stereos most of which I obtained after downsizing from a bigger house. I'm totally obsessed with not hearing anything but the noise I make myself. At one point last year I researched how I could damage my own hearing to make myself deaf. At least now I'm fairly content with buying copies of pink noise and making numerous copies. Not sure whether to phone the doctors again. I don't want to tell anyone face to face and I don't want to go on beta blockers again.

Hi Littlejack

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hello

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Hi Littlejack
    Just like you i'm new here, i understand when you say that you don't want to tell anyone face to face i'm finding it very hard to say why i'm here.Maybe one day i will
    snapcapture

Hi I wish I had joined this site before. I kept looking at it but was too scared to join. I don't like telling anyone about the panic attacks let alone the ocd. It's nice to talk to people who understand.

Thumbs up Re: Hello/Again

Hi I haven't been on here for quite a while. I just wanted to read my posts to see when I started citalopram. I'm in the last stages of coming off it, 10mg every other day until the end of the week.
    What a difference since I first joined NMP. I still have panic attacks and anxiety but I can cope with them so much better now. From someone who found it difficult to go outside to put rubbish in the bin, I now spend around two hours a day out walking with my dog.
    My dog's been a great part in helping me. I adopted her from the Dog's Trust, last June, as I needed something to make me go out and to have something to care for after my children grew up and left home.
    To everyone who feels desperate and thinks they'll never feel any better please keep going and take all the help and advice that you can get from this site. I know that I will probably get really anxious again and may need help but at the moment I feel better than I have for years and am really enjoying my life

Thanks for that Jackie, it lifted my spirits. I'm still in the early days of recovery but you give me hope. The bit about the dog is relevant to me to, our dog died last April and since she's been gone I miss my 'me time' walking her. First thing to do when I'm well on the road to recovery is get another dog
    Thanks again for an encouraging post
    Sam

Hi there and back!

Pip xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information