Thread: Advice Please

Advice Please

Hi Newbie here!

As a brief introduction, I was having anxiety issues / panic attacks over the last week or so (had all the classic symptoms such as loss of sleep, appetite, weight, stress aches) etc. Went to the doctors on Friday ( a locum) who prescribed Amitriptyline 10mg to calm me down and help me sleep. This didnt work, so back to the doctors on Monday who prescribed 20mg Citalopram. I have taken 2 doses of this, Tuesday and Today, and have some of the side effects.

However, I think I have found the root of what has worked me up so much lately and after talking about this with people hopefully should make me settle down again! I therefore want to stop taking the Citalopram. I have read about it's 37 hour half life, so was wondering if anybody can recommend how I stop taking these tablets after only 2 days? Do I need to wean off them, or go cold turkey? (Bearing in mind the Amitriptyline in my system too (roughly 50mg Friday to Sunday)

All advice gratefully received!

Regards,

Billy

PS,

I am seeing a talk therapist to try and resolve the issue starting in May!

Re: Advice Please

You can just stop them as it has only been a couple of days .You may feel a bit dizzy and get a headache Drink plenty of water .It will soon get out your system .All the best of luck Sue x

Many thanks. Just out of interest, are you speaking from personal experience? I know 3 days is nothing with regards to an AD, but I don't want to suffer any withdrawl symptoms!!

You will get side effects but only mild ones .They havnt gotten into your system yet properly ,it takes a lot longer .I have come off anti ds like this after a short time .You will be fine .Like I said you may get a headache feel dizzy at times and could feel more tired .But then again you may not ...It leaves the body Via the kidneys so thats why you need to drink a lot of water ..Sue x

Thread Information