Thread: Ectopics every third beat

Ectopics every third beat

Hi. I've not posted for a while. But those darn ectopics are back again. Today and yesterday I have been plagued with trignemy (spelling?) - ectopic every third beat.

Whilst putting up with it (I have also taken the betablocker (Bisoprolol) -giving little relief today; usually works though to a better extent), it occured to me that my posture is pretty bad... Hunched over when I get them...

Does anyone have any thoughts about ectopics and poor/bad posture. My upper body strength is pretty poor, as I cannot lift heavy things due to a problem with my shoulder. So my upper body strength is generally weak. I have had all the cardio checks and they are totally normal. Perhaps because my frame is thin I feel those darn ectopics more??

NattyOne.

Re: Ectopics every third beat

Hi NattyOne,

I also get alot of missed beats and a hospital cardio doctor once said to me that as I am very thin then you will notice them more.

I tend to get lots of alternate missed beats -bigeminy - and I have noticed that being at work sets them off.

Re: Ectopics every third beat (trigeminy)

Thanks for your reply, Towers. Do you take any medication for the bigeminy? (sorry to be nosey). The trigeminy (correct spelling this time) is still on going... I did have a few hours with nothing late yesterday afternoon. The brief respite was funnily enough during a thunderstorm, but they are back again this morning.

I'm feeling really run down today. Not sure whether I am just generally run down, or the ectopics are making me feel this way. I've had ectopics for several years now, and most of the time now I can deal with them, and the Bisoprolol (betablocker) tends to help quite a lot. But this trigeminy is wearing me down. I'm due for a Cardio review in mid June. I hope this trigeminy will just be a short-lived phase, or I'll be trying to see the cardiologist before mid June...

Any more thoughts out there greatly appreciated. NattyOne.

Re: Ectopics every third beat

Hi Nattyone,

I take propranolol - but only a lowish dose so I don't think it does much for them really. I tend to get a mixture of missed beats, bigeminy,trigeminy - but I haven't had just the big.or trig. lasting all day long. At the moment I would say I am going through a "good" phase with them. They do start up when I am at work and then last until evening. At weekends I only tend to get a few here and there so that is why I think mine are brought on by work/stress/anxiety.

Last year I had some horrible weeks/months when they were lasting nearly all day and night (I absloutely HATE getting them at night in bed!) and I did think to myself are they ever going to stop...but they did calm down.

Mine started about 3 years ago.... at first only now and then... then more often... and now I have had them every day since march 2010....but some days I'll only get a few (usually weekends) and then other days for hours and hours.

When you get them all day though they do make you feel worn out and tired and run down aswell.

I got discharged from the hospital in November 2010 so I assume mine can't be that serious (or am I just hoping that they aren't!)

Do you ever get any "good" days when you only get a few of them?

I hope yours start to calm down soon.

Towers

Ectopics every third beat

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I do get really good days, and even a good week or two, which is brilliant. Mine don't seem to be stressed related, all manner of things 'seem' to trigger them. I have had all manner of ectopics, and in all manner of combinations since 2008. Some months better than others. I was going quite well until this every 3rd beat started up again on Thursday, and seemed never ending... It was freaking me out a bit, but I'm much calmer now Typical when you think you're doing well! (By well I mean odd ectopics throughout the day). Fingers crossed this trig. stuff will disappear as swiftly as it came. I have tried to relax today in the hope that the trigeminy will lessen. It seems to have improved since lunchtime.

All the best, NattyOne.

Thread Information