Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did your heightened Anxiety last & suicidal thoughts?

How long did your heightened Anxiety last & suicidal thoughts?

My b/f has been on his Anti depressants 2 weeks this Saturday.

His anxiety has increased alot.

How long did anyone else's anxiety increase? He wants me to reassure him that it will calm down.

Also the suicidal thoughts are still there, he had them this morning for a couple of hours, he finds this really distressing, well so do I.

He finds they come on mostly if he has been asleep and also if he does something, like go for a walk

Any replies will be greatly appreciated xx

Re: How long did your heightened Anxiety last & suicidal thoughts?

Hi I am 4 weeks today. I did not really have an anxiety problem but found that I developed one in the first few weeks.

Last weekend was my worse for feeling so down and yes having sucidal thoughts.

I was begining to despair of anything working.

Today I am sitting congratulating myself on having an ok day yesterday and yet another one today.

I know that there will be other low days on the way but it is nice to have even a brief respite.

I hope that the same happens for your b/f soon.

Elen

Hi loops .It should start to get better very gradually around the 3 week mark .We all react differently but the 3-4 week period is common .I used to have bad panic attacks every time I woke up ,even when I nodded off for a couple of mins .Things will improve .Just take one day at a time .Sometimes just getting through the next hour ,is what get s you thru it when it gets bad T/c .Luv Sue xx

he is really bad today. keeps saying he can't cope, 2. weeks today he has been taking the ad x

Hi Loops

I got very down waiting for the ads to kick in. I convinced myself they weren't going to work as all I got was damn side effects for the first four weeks. at about five weeks there was a big improvement. The side effects largely cleared up, the anxiety lessened and the mood improved, much to my surprise! I then became able to do things that I hadn't been able to do since the depression started.

Two weeks in is still early days - unfortunately they often take longer to work. If he is feeling unable to cope he should go back to the doctor. It might be that he needs emergency counselling or an anti-anxiety medication in the short term as well. Things do get better, but getting over this time until something starts working is tough and you need all the help you can get.

Tyke

thank you for that, I just read it to him, he is very impatient which I suppose is understandable x

Hi Loops,

My heart goes out to you and your boyfriend, i have to be honest it took me a good few weeks before i started to fell less anxious but i still had the intrusive thoughts of suicide for a long period of time, i still get them now but when you are less anxious you start to see them for what they are, just thoughts. I know you will have heard this a hundred times, but he will get better, but it does take time. Is your boyfriend still in hospital?

hi Elainey, no he was discharged on Thursday, I don't think he should be home, he is struggling with the anxiety so much this evening x

Hi Loops.

I

when i was discharged i was still very unwell, my anxiety was through the roof and i was on 30mg plus a diazapam a day. It really does get better it just takes time and unfortunately there are many hurdles along the way. My psych put me on an anti psychotic which was a massive help in my recovery. I know you probably thin k he has been discharged too soon, but the ward is a false environment and it can become to easy to get used to. I promise he will get better, give the meds time to work and in the mean time just be there for. If you ever need to talk just PM me any time, Take care. xx

Thanks so much Elaine.

He is having really long periods of suicidal thoughts this evening too, he has been through so much, this has been going on now since Feb.

This is the 3rd a/d to try, so hope this one suits him. I would say he doesn't seem as bad as the first two.

He is already on an anti phsychotic, Olanzapine 5mg.

I think if the pacing would stop, he would be a lot calmer, it must be so awful for him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information