Thread: I see no point in being here

I see no point in being here

Well my relationship has ended after trying a third time. My paranoia ruined it and now I'm devastated. I'm on 150 mg of sertraline but I still feel anxious and I'm flying off the handle at everything. I'm making myself look stupid.
    I've moved into a flat on my own and I can't bare it. I've never lived alone before and I'm 33!
    I have no mates and no money to do things to distract me I just don't see anypoint in living;-(
    I'm obsessive about checking texts and fb and emails I can't stop myself :-(

Re: I see no point in being here

Hi

A relationship break up is a huge thing and it is no wonder that you are feeling very down at the moment.

Unhappy Re: I see no point in being here

I have suffered from Anxiety and Depression for about 4 years. It triggers when I enter relationships.
    Im waiting for a mental health assessment and also beeen referred for CBT
    But all I want to do is sleep forever to keep this horrible gut pain away

Hi Delightfuldior

The anxiety is always so much worse just after a break up. Try and get yourself as much help as you can in the months ahead. Have you just had an increase in your Sertraline? This can take a while to have an effect if you have, but should help once it has kicked in. If you are short of friends is there anyone in the family who you can talk to? You can always come on here to the forum or use the chatroom if you feel you need people to talk to. You are not alone. Things will get better when you get used to the shock and trauma of what has happened.

Tyke

There's another way of looking at it - it's an opportunity.

You're Free and one day you Will find someone who will understand you, and you Will find love and happiness.

If a Special person like you committed to the wrong person because they didn't understand you, you could Always feel trapped living in an eternal state of hopelessness.....and believe it or not, you could well end up feeling much worse because short term sharp pain has an ending so is more bearable because you have Hope rather than living in long term hurt and torture where all hope is forever lost.

i hope you dont mind if i impart so hope for you .....6 weeks ago my relationship with a women i would of and still would die or kill for ended very suddenly and unexpectedly and of course i was crushed and i am still some what squashed.
    I allowed my self to get very depressed as i am a suffer any way and i stopped taking my dose of sertraline of 200 mg a day which i was on for 6 years , so of course i plummetted and ended up drinking 45 units a day of booze and then self harming by cutting open my arms and stabbing myself.
    i ended up getting taken in to protective custody and then sectioned after attempting to kill myself with a tramadol over dose.
    once i was stablised i felt like i was empty and finished to but the mental health crisis team gave me Mirtazapine and i have been on it a week now and its the god send i needed, i sleep like a baby full of milk and even if i wake up i fall back to sleep , the anxiecty is almost gone and the agrophobia is very dimished. i have exceppted the end of the relationship and have to work on getting better.
    there may or may not be some one out there for me but if there is i will be well and happy and even if that ends i wont ever plummet again , you will recover but you must see your doctor and get the right medicine.

Thread Information