Thread: Fear of all things medical!

Fear of all things medical!

Hi I am convinced that I suffer with some kind of anxiety disorder.
    However one of my biggest phobias is of all things medical - doctors, hospitals and anything related to them.

I have always had this since I was a child! Does anyone have this phobia and has it stopped them from going to see a doctor?

Because at the moment my fear is so bad that whenever ive booked appointments, ive got into a nervous wreck beforehand and had to cancel the appointment.

Any advice?
    Thanks x

Re: Fear of all things medical!

hmm i have a major fear of needles ....and i mean like major...i really freak out when i see the sight of one...also i have a fear of appointments...especially job interviews..I find myself looking for ways to avoid them or delay them.

yeah im also like that as well
    and needles ...urgh just the word makes me feel ill!

Hi, I have a major major fear of all things medical. I am a complete wreck right now because I had to schedule a yearly doctors appointment for routine blood work and now that I'm in my fifties, I probably need to go for a routine colonoscopy. I am stressing every day, my appointment is on the 31st. I need to medicate myself just to get there, then I hang on every word the doctor says and sweat profusely. I can't even drive by a medical building without getting heart racing. What to do.

Me too.. Needlephobic and all things medical.. I was ok until 11 years ago and went on a simple matter to see GP. He ordered FBC because I hadnt had one in many years.. idea of the needle first threw me and then waiting for results I went into overdrive and that caused my very first health anxiety.. I was fine after I got over it and then year ago, went to GP about a sinus issue.. Again he ordered FBC after an 11 year gap!! I freaked totally and have been struggling with HA since then even though FBC were exellent results.

Thread Information