Thread: Feels like they are constant please help

Feels like they are constant please help

For the past few months I've been getting the odd few palpitations which was a bit more than normal, especially when rushing upstairs etc. But for about 2 weeks they have been non stop almost. I get pinching pains sometimes to the left of my chest (I've heard if its to the left it won't be heart related???). I also get strong palpitations when I lie on my back.

I had an ecg years ago which picked up a fast pulse and I also have fibromyalgia.

I saw my GP last week who sent me for blood tests. If they come back normal I am to go for a 24 hour tape.

Now, I eat alot of rubbish but never seem to put on weight. I overeat alot of the time, drink around 4-6 cups of coffee or tea a day, I don't smoke or drink. My GP asked me to cut out caffeine and replace with water but this has been hard to do.

I'm so worried that there is something wrong with my heart. I just can't seem to stop eating though. The more I worry the more I eat. Can diet really cause this? It just seems to extreme that I think there has to be something more to it.

Re: Feels like they are constant please help

Quote Originally Posted by Kay24 View Post
    For the past few months I've been getting the odd few palpitations which was a bit more than normal, especially when rushing upstairs etc. But for about 2 weeks they have been non stop almost. I get pinching pains sometimes to the left of my chest (I've heard if its to the left it won't be heart related???). I also get strong palpitations when I lie on my back.

I had an ecg years ago which picked up a fast pulse and I also have fibromyalgia.

I saw my GP last week who sent me for blood tests. If they come back normal I am to go for a 24 hour tape.

Now, I eat alot of rubbish but never seem to put on weight. I overeat alot of the time, drink around 4-6 cups of coffee or tea a day, I don't smoke or drink. My GP asked me to cut out caffeine and replace with water but this has been hard to do.

I'm so worried that there is something wrong with my heart. I just can't seem to stop eating though. The more I worry the more I eat. Can diet really cause this? It just seems to extreme that I think there has to be something more to it.

Sorry to hear that You are going through this at the moment.
    I used drink alot of caffinated tea, coffee etc, which caused me to worry that My heart was beating too fast! I found that going onto decaff very helpful, but I find I sometimes eat to take panicy feelings away. As for the pinch pain if it's to the left in your side then i dont think it's the heart, it is very strange where we get these twinges and pains.

I can relate, and I'm sorry that you have to go through this too!

Here's the thing: If you're heart turns out to be healthy and your doctor can't find anything wrong with you, this whole problem just might be mental. The harder you think about it, you may easily throw off your breathing pattern, which in turn may throw off the electricity regulating your heartbeat. So TRY, and I know it can be hard, to stop thinking about it--at least once you get the results back from your doctor. Until then, try to eliminate the caffeine...it's for your health!

Take care, and best of luck!

-Kara

If you read up on RLR's site - you'll probably get the answers you want:

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Please dont worry, I keep having the same thing they come and go, sometimes they are here everyday other times I wont have one for a few weeks.

Im no Gillian McKeith but you are what you eat. - so try a bit of nice pasta, fresh fruit and veggies - does wonders for your skin, and well being
    xxx

Hiya,

I noticed in your thread you said you drink a lot of tea and coffee in a day, just wondering how much of water/other fluid you drink as my palpitations hit me at their worst when I'm dehydrated!
    I can more or less guarantee that if they start up I'll realise I havnt had a proper drink for a while.
    Sorry if this isn't any help, just a suggestion.
    Xxxxx

try and relax the pains could be caused by fibro

how fast was your pulse on the ecg? if its under 110 thats still classed as normal range.

do you take anything for your fibro as pain can increase your heart rate? it is normal for your heart rate to increase when you go up the stairs it can also be normal for it to skip a beat try and relax as anixety will make things worse

Thread Information