Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Pains In Breast

Shooting Pains In Breast

Hi, me again!
    Last month I had a few shooting pains in my right breast - sort of through my nipple and up. I'd never had it before but it was just before my period so I put it down to that and managed to forget about it.
    Anyway, I've been having the same pain today - it's a quick sharp pain that only lasts a few seconds. I've had about 6 of the pains this evening and as I'm typing this, it's hurting more! You know what it's like when you've got something like this in your head. But yes, my period finished earlier in the week so can't put it down to the same thing. Has anyone had a problem with this before? I'm thinking breast cancer of course!

Re: Shooting Pains In Breast

Hi Phwoffy, I get these random shooting or stabbing pains in my breasts, often mid-cycle but also at other times in the month. I have had them for past 7 years or so (38 now). I have learned to ignore them. I have had a mammogram and ultrasound in the past and been given the all clear (and had been having pains before that, and after). Hope that helps. If it will put your mind at rest maybe mention to dr at next visit?

love flumpkin x

Hi flumpkin,
    That has reassured me a bit, thank you. I mentioned it to my sister when I first had them and she said she'd had them once or twice too but the fact that they came back set me on edge! I'm going to the doctor's next week so shall mention it then.

Thanks again!
    Phwoffy x

I get them too, mostly in my left breast, It's bad when my period is due, like you too it seems to start at the nipple, it can be rather painful too.

I get these as well sometimes.

i get this too your not on your own x

i have had these too, a few years ago, i got them pretty regular, and they can be VERY painful, i took evening primrose oil for a year and it helped a lot, it settled down and i now i dont have it very often.
    It can be very alarming , and the mind works overtime, my gp examined me ... several times..lol and this gave me reassurance. sounds like quite a few people have experienced this.

Hi
    i often get shooting pains in my breasts - mainly my left one, not only that but i get an aching feeling all over it. Im constantly checking to see if i can feel lumps etc. But i can see by me doing this i make myself worse by thinking all sorts. From the amount of people i have read that have commented about pains in there breasts it makes me feel abit better knowing its a common thing so i hope it reassures you too.
    But like you say you could mention it to the doctor when you go, not because i think you should but because it will give yourself peace of mind

I have had this on and off mainly in my left breast for about 4 years. I am 44. In the past I have had a mammogram and an ultrasound and just last week had another mammogram because of the pain.

I am waiting for the results but the Consultant did not seem concerned. If it's any help I have been told that pain is not usually the first sign.

2 out of 3 referrals to breast clinics are because of pain it is very common and is not usually a sign of anything sinister, it is simply that we always associate pain with something bad. So you are not alone but I know only too well how distressing it can be and I am very anxious as we speak because I havent had the results of last week mammogram. Please try not to worry though I'm a fine one to talk

It wouldn't hurt to get checked out by your doctor though to put your mind at rest x

Shooting pain like needles is quite normal. I was worried about this as well and asked the doc when went for a breast check up, he said these occur because of hormonal changes in your body. So not something to worry about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information