Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart issues back :(

Heart issues back :(

Ok so I haven't been on here for a long while as I have been doing well (yay me).

I am now almost half way through my pregnancy snd things are going fine apart from the dreaded heart issues are creeping back.

Today I have been getting forceful beats all day. A couple I got a head rush with. Been trying to ignore them but they keep coming and popping up.

It's almost like my heart is going along normally, I don't notice any stopping but suddenly a really strong beat will happen and this can happen a few times sn hour.

Does this sound like anything to worry about?

I mentioned it to the dr the other day and he had s quick listen to my chest and said he couldn't hear anything odd but they weren't this bad st the time abd it was z very brief momentary listen in, like a couple of seconds.

Re: Heart issues back :(

I'm afraid I really don't know anything about it but all I can think is if the doc was concerned or even to reassure you he would have got you checked out love. Bit of a useless reply here,just wanted to let you know I listned xx

hey hun ive also spoke to the doctor about a similar problem, it doesnt happen very often bt once every nw and then i feel it and it really shakes me up, my doctor has also checked me over and reassured me everything is normal so ive jus put it down to a side effect of the axiety, although im in no position to advise u medically i jus wanted t reassure u that ive also experienced this feeling and although it scares me at the time, im stil here and other than the anxiety im completely fine x

It's a ventricular ectopic beat and it's nothing to worry about

But they shouldn't be uncomfortable/ 'painful' should they or are they worse because I'm pregnant?

They're very uncomfortable yeah but if you ignore it they will go away

There are loads of posts on here about ectopic beats, they're nothing to worry about and LOADS of people get them... you'll be fine :-)

I'm not bothered about the beats as such more the 'pain' I get at the same time. Feels like a shock or like being stabbed. It's only a couple of seconds but I've never had that before abd I thought if they were painful they would be a problem. Plus they're in my left chest rather than centre like everyone seems to get.

I've had quite a few painful ectopics, scared me really bad. I had one the other day actually.

I asked RLR about it a while ago and he was kind enough to explain in detail why ectopics/palps sometimes hurt.

Here's the link, RLR's reply is right at the bottom so have a read through it might put your mind at rest, I know it helped me loads. x

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-...num=1290563361

It's no problem, glad it helped you! x

My funny heart beats are definately worse now im pregnant, Im 25 weeks and totally feel it more. Your heart enlarges slightly during pregnancy and has to work harder which is perfectly normal and totally harmless but it does make you more aware of it.Ive lost count of the amount of heart attacks ive had, Im thinking im a medical marvel... Hope you are feeling better soon xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information