Thread: Nosebleeds?

Nosebleeds?

I'm on my second attempt at Sertraline. The first attempt last year saw me getting every side effect in the books tingling/yawning etc. After a bad bout of anxiety recently I asked the doctor if I could go back on them. Today is day 11 and I've had two nosebleeds after never having had any for years and years.

Checked online and it is a side effect. Mildly freaked, has anyone experienced this?

Realy tempted to stop taking them in the morning.

Re: Nosebleeds?

Hi Rosi

I haven't had nosebleeds but did have many other side effects when I started on Sertraline. These effects did ease after a while and pretty much stopped altogether after five weeks. You should go back to your doctor or phone NHS Direct for advice on this, as it sounds like it could be a bigger problem for you than the ones I had and your doctor might want to try you on something else if the nosebleeds continue or are too severe.

Tyke

Re: Nosebleeds?

In case it helps anyone else. I rang NHS Direct, the nurse had never heard of this side effect but she looked on the database and found it under 'uncommon side effects' affecting 1 in 1000 people. She personally thinks it's due to the hayfever season (I do get hayfever but it's not been so concentrated in my nose so far this year) but to not take the Sertraline until I can speak to my doctor after the bank holiday.

Of course being a healtrh anxiety sufferer my mind is working overtime but googling (I know it's bad) has put my mind at rest that it is a recognised side effect of Sertraline.

Thread Information