Thread: Advice needed please

Advice needed please

Hi I'd really like some advice. I'm terrified of sleeping with no noise and have been awake most of the night. I need to be at work at 6am and then have to visit family when I just want to go to sleep. My grown up daughter is staying with me and needs to sleep in my room. I have my own room as if I don't have a tv or something on then I just can't sleep anymore. If I do sleep then I have nightmares and wake my husband up, and he can't sleep with the tv on. He's a lorry driver and has to work today too. I tried to sleep on the couch but it was hurting my back and I felt so tired but as soon as I go to bed my heart starts thumping and I just feel scared. I love my daughter so much but I am ruining her visits by being so tired. I'm taking st John's wort,Kalms sleep and using the bach's spray but none's really working for me. I don't really want to go back on prescription medication but I am getting desperate now. I'm not scared of being given the prescription I'm worried about the doctor taking it away later on. I'd sooner continue feeling awful than feel better for a while and then go back to feeling so scared again.

Re: Advice needed please

Hi Nuttymoo,

If the meds work for you then maybe its better to discuss this with the GP - let him know your fears about being taken off the meds so that you can put a plan in action when you are ready- maybe the GP can offer you other support to help you like counselling etc..

tc xx

Hey nuttymoo

I also can not sleep without the tv on or the radio, ive tried loads of times but can not, so i know how u feel. Would listening to a mp3 or ipod help? Mabe if you upload a speaking book then u could listen through ur headphones as your going to sleep?
    xxxx

Hi, I sleep with a fan on... the sound is very soothing Apparently Wayne Rooney has to have a fan on to sleep too...

Hi thank you all for the replies. I went out and got a camp bed today so I can sleep in the sitting room tonight. I did buy a fan last week but my husband doesn't like the sound of that either. He can't sleep with any noise at all and I can sleep without it. Thanks again x

What about something like this?

http://www.soundasleeppillow.co.uk/p...illow_266888GE

Also you could try Googling "sound pillows for tinnitus" as there are bound to be other types of pillow like this.

Hope this helps.

I was the same for about 2 years. It seems to have passed for some reason. I used to love it if it rained, because that sound was enough.

Sanmarbro thanks for that link, what a great idea

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Hi I bought a cd of gentle rainfall and another of pink noise for tinnitus and have made 3 copies of each ( I have 4 cd players). I can't use headphones or pillows though. The sound has to be all around me like a barrier, that's when I feel safe.

Thread Information