Thread: Sertraline.

Sertraline.

I'm so confused right now. I started sertraline (25mg) & propranolol (40mg) exactly 2 weeks ago today. I know everyone always says with anti depressants you'll probably feel worse before you feel better. During the week before my monthly period/sometimes the week of my period I notice a big increase in my anxiety where everything seems unbearable and it's a big setback every month. I put this down to pms? Anyway, my point is i started this medication 2 weeks ago on the exact same day as my pms started. For the 2 weeks i've felt absolutely awful, don't feel myself at all however today i think (hopefully) i've noticed a SLIGHT change in not feeling as bad.
    But now i'm thinking is it the medication that's made me feel this bad? Or is there something more wrong with me? Something to do with my cycle?
    For months, i always felt bad the week before my period, but now sometimes i feel even worse and it seems to be getting longer but i'm too scared to go doctors.
    All these 2 weeks i've felt much more scared, i've gone from thinking i have:
    Bipolar , Schizophrenia , Diabetes , A hormonal problem , Brain problem and then every now and then i have a few rational moments where i agree with my diagnosis - Anxiety.
    I'm ranting now anyway, I suppose i'm just trying to work out if it is the meds that's making me feel like this? If i should give it time to see how i am in a week or so?

Re: Sertraline.

And also i seem to have songs that keep popping up into my head?

Re: Sertraline.

Hi Becks

Anti-depressants often make you feel worse before you feel better. The side effects can include increases in anxiety as well as other symptoms. I felt worse for about four weeks, but got much better after five weeks in. Give it time, but if you are still concerned see your GP.

Tyke

Thread Information