Thread: Lamotrigine?

Lamotrigine?

Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone amongst us is, or has, taken Lamotrigine?

I have been taking Citalopram for anx/depression on and off for about two years. Last week I saw a neuro about a different issue (posssible migraine related or some type of seizures) and he has prescribed me Lamotrigine.

Right now I am taking 25mg, and will be increasing it gradually week by week. The thought of side effects isn't a big problem, as I got used to the strange feelings and discomfort when I started taking citalopram.

One thing that does worry me though, is the potential for the difficult rash, that is highlighted in the information document that comes with the tablets. I guess my anxiety is getting the better of me I am just a little bit concerned as, over the past few days I've come out in an eczema type rash. I do get eczema from time to time, and this rash is very much like what I am used to; its itchy and dry.

I was wondering if I ought to keep an eye on this? Or is eczema a side effect?

Re: Lamotrigine?

I'd get it checked out by your local doctor to be on the safe side. Some of the mood stabilisers like lamotrigine can very rarely cause stevens johnson syndrome which is serious.

From wiki "Between 5 to 10% of patients will develop a rash, but only one in a thousand patients will develop a serious rash".

Thread Information