Thread: On fluox for 2 weeks and have come off them

On fluox for 2 weeks and have come off them

Hi everyone,

I've been on fluoxetine for 2 weeks now and the side effects were unbearable. I couldn't sit still and my anxiety levels were sky high constantly. Saw my GP today who told me to stop them. I haven't had any today and already feel much better. Was just wondering if I will get any side effects just stopping suddenly. I know its only been two weeks so i'm hoping I won't get any withdrawal symptoms. My gp says I won't but I want to make sure. Does anyone have any advice?

Re: On fluox for 2 weeks and have come off them

Hi all

Just an update. I had some dizziness last night and this morning when I woke up it lasted for about 2 hours. Have had dizziness on and off all day. Apart from that I have felt tired. Feel a billion times better now that I've stopped taking fluoxetine thank god!!!

I'm sure you'll feel better soon. It get's out of your system quite quickly.

I have had exactly the same experience. I called my doctor today with the same complaint although I have only managed to last 5 days. Im hoping that my anxiety wears off - it's been terrible and am glad that I have found someone that has felt the same. I started taking them to stop the occasional panic attack and slight anxiety bouts bought on from stress - the side effects from Fluoxetine for me have been 1000 times worse so gonna try and do it without meds but Im sure its gonna take a little time to get over the last week if nothing else lol Oh well, we live and learn. All experiences make us stronger people and we all get by. Hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information